Allah - the true God?

timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 09:53 am
@Leadfoot,
Nothing of the kind.

When you assert that truth sets you free, it's my opinion that you are uttering nonsense:

- Truth doesn't exist, it being a subjective concept.

- In case it existed, why would it set you free from your duties, your bills, your faith and so on?

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 11:23 am
@timur,
Quote:

- In case it existed, why would it set you free from your duties, your bills, your faith and so on?
We could go all the way back to Aristotle's beginning at 'A is A' to establish there exists 'truth' but I doubt anyone (including me) is interested.

But even from your perspective, there have been many atheists on a2k who have testified that the truth they learned in school set them free of their various burdensome faiths, a wife who learns the truth of her husband's unfaithfulness is set free of her illusions about her marriage, etc. There are countless examples.

So Where is the lie you accused me of?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:01 pm
@timur,
I agree that truth is a subjective concept, but to the individual it matters what they believe to be true.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:16 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Ain't that the Truth ?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When you say the truth does not exist you are already contradicting yourself. You have attempted to make a true statement about Truth not existing. Which is self contradictory.
timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:24 pm
Leadfoot wrote:
a wife who learns the truth of her husband's unfaithfulness is set free of her illusions about her marriage

If she doesn't want to leave the marriage, truth makes her prisoner of her husband's lies, a prison a lot more heavy than her previous delusions.

I made an analogy between your assertion and Hitler's, both being obviously wrong.

It's you that talked about lies.
timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:27 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes, but then man is full of contradictions..
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:28 pm
@timur,
That's very true. Women married to men who cheat have very little options, because they don't have any skills to earn money. It's a choice between living in a home or living on the streets.
History has also shown that women will turn to prostitution to be able to eat. That has happened in many countries that were engaged in long wars.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:35 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Yes, but then man is full of contradictions..

Again ain't that the truth ? For someone who does not believe in truths you seem sure of many things... Wink
timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, many women choose that option..
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 12:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Well, many of us play that game quite often, you included.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 01:54 pm
@timur,
Oh yes...I do indeed !
That's why I don't turn my back on it on the face of so many uses...
It's incoherent !
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 02:33 pm
@timur,
Time to put timur back on ignore.
timur

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 02:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
Enjoy.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:24 pm
From Isaiah, the true God challenges the false gods. These are verses in Isaiah 41:21-24, 43:9, 44:7-8, 45:21, 46:10, 48:3-8. You may use the Good News Bible if you find the King James Version hard to understand.

If you were to worship a god, be sure that He is the true God.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:28 pm
@peacecrusader888,
There's no proof of your "true god." It's only in one old book written some 2000 years ago. No other written document mentions this god. However, there are many cultures that also have gods. Take your pick.
Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:29 pm
Take a World Mythology class in college by a teacher unintrested in a "religious" agenda, and your eyes will open to the meaning of religion.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:33 pm
@timur,
Study the history of religion. Then decide how you feel about it. Study it from how man dealt with God. That is your choice. If you love your religion, just make sure you truly u derstand it, from the beginning...not just whatever the "book" tells you. There is a long human history behind the writings of those books.
timur

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 02:18 pm
Lilkanyon wrote:
Study the history of religion.

What in my posts made you think I didn't?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 02:21 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Why did the christian god appear only two thousand years ago when man inhabited this planet for millions of years?