I feel like..

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:28 pm
Hi....from my previous posts,I feel like there is nobody who is taking care of my writing and that's a pity, because I really work hard on them.It takes me one hour to understand a short story or an article and another same hour to do the writing thing.

Believe me , if you don't wanna help me in this,then,tell me and I would understand.At least, I would stop writing in vain!.Please don't misunderstand my point.Since recently,I have nothing to do with this, I mean heck I can speak American quite excellent and also I know slang more than anyone around! I was bragging about it when I was young! but now I have to speak by the dictionaries and books.That is why I joined this forum and it's a great feeling once I found it.Again and again , I appreciate this forum and its help for me so far , I found it pretty cool either.

THANKS TO ALL MEMBERS Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 903 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
Re: I feel like..
Hi Navigator:

I'm sorry that you feel neglected. Explaining English grammar is not my forte. I write all the time, but my technical knowledge is limited. In other words, I'm not an expert. However, I can rewrite some of your posts if that will help. I will start with your post that originated this thread.

Quote:
Hi....from my previous posts,I feel like there is nobody who is taking care of my writing and that's a pity, because I really work hard on them.It takes me one hour to understand a short story or an article and another same hour to do the writing thing.

Believe me , if you don't wanna help me in this,then,tell me and I would understand.At least, I would stop writing in vain!.Please don't misunderstand my point.Since recently,I have nothing to do with this, I mean heck I can speak American quite excellent and also I know slang more than anyone around! I was bragging about it when I was young! but now I have to speak by the dictionaries and books.That is why I joined this forum and it's a great feeling once I found it.Again and again , I appreciate this forum and its help for me so far , I found it pretty cool either.

THANKS TO ALL MEMBERS Rolling Eyes

Hi A2K Members:

My current position requires me to use proper grammar. I joined this forum to obtain assistance to learn the nuances of the English language. Recently, I posted several writing exercises and requested input. Few members responded and I am frustrated.

In order to learn, I expend considerable time and effort on my reading and writing exercises. I would appreciate help from those who are willing to give it.

Thank you,
Navigator

SEE ^ LOL I'm not a helper who merely corrects awkward sentences, phrases, and word usages. I rewrite.

I will try assisting you with the first sentence:

Quote:
Hi....from my previous posts,I feel like there is nobody who is taking care of my writing and that's a pity, because I really work hard on them.

Hi A2K Members:

Based on the limited responses to my recent posts, I feel that A2K members are not interested in helping me with my writing skills. This makes me sad because I expend considerable effort on my writing exercises.

I believe you meant to use the word "too" instead of "either" in your final sentence.

Keep posting. The more you write, the better you get.
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand that. Could you rephrase it? I'm only 14 you gotta help me out here.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:18 am
YOU ARE SOOO ANGEL Debra_Law but that was'nt my writing . I mean, it wasn't meant to be for grammar correction or style.But,thank you for your concern.You are a kind person.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:53 am
navigator, I am sorry that you're feeling neglected. It was not at all intentional (at least on my part). Smile

Please keep writing, it would be a pity indeed for you to become discouraged now. Personally I have been busy over the last few days and so may have missed a few of your posts. I promise to do my best to help you (whatever good that may be to you) whenever time permits.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 02:31 am
Thanks ...this means too much for me..I will never stop!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 03:26 am
Hey, Navigator:

I love your stories, and I give rather detailed analyses of nearly all of them, in accordance with the accepted Oxonian style. I didn't reply to the very last one, because it seems that you only desire help with 'American' Wink....

0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:23 am
thanks ...
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 02:35 pm
You're sweet.
navigator wrote:
YOU ARE SOOO ANGEL Debra_Law but that was'nt my writing . I mean, it wasn't meant to be for grammar correction or style.But,thank you for your concern.You are a kind person.

So true, Navigator! Even though you did not intend your post to be subjected to a rewrite, I wanted to show you that I care about your writing. You should endeavor to make all your writing an exercise in excellence. Keep writing and keep improving!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 02:47 pm
navigator,

I have gone through and edited most of the grammatical mistakes in the last 9 threads you have made

i have not seen a single thread you have made which has gone un-assisted

you are not being neglected and i resent your unthankful attitude, i for one have spent a few hours editing your work alone
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:54 pm
no..I really appreciate what you have done to me stuh,I'm sorry if I hurt anyone here.I don't deny your help,NEVER.You taught me and I want you to teach me more and more.Thank you sir for everythings so far.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:58 pm
What's the bottom line here people? Original writing doesn't get as much attention as political threads...but we try. Writers should show a little patience. We can all get along :wink:
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 09:04 pm
You tell 'em, Panzade! Smile
0 Replies