Slightly confused about Facebook Ads...please help!

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 12:21 pm
So I am extremely new to Facebook Ads, just discovered it tonight actually. I have a website I am wanting to promote to a specific audience but to test the waters I must start with a small budget. (Also, I'm just broke) so if I narrow my audience down to a very specific niche of say 150,000 people (random number) but I only start with a $10 budget, and say I bid 0.50 cents (I know it will not necessarily always be that price but lets just say it will be) then even though I have the potential to reach 150,000 people, my budget will limit me to only 20 ads right? That's how I am understanding it anyway. So really to reach out to a whole lot of people, you got too spend a crap ton of cash! Or am I seeing this wrong?

View best answer, chosen by KilowattQ
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 12:27 pm
@KilowattQ,
Payment is per click. Send it out to a trillion people for all Facebook cares. 20 clicks (per your hypothetical budget) and the ad is done.

Hint: limit your audience to as close as you can get it to your target demographic. E. g. if you are selling high-end dresses, limit your ad to women, with higher incomes and potentially between the ages of 30 and 50 or so as they would be more likely to be working.
KilowattQ

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2016 10:21 pm
@jespah,
Thank you so much! Ive been so confused on that and couldn't find an answer anywhere! Thats really good to know!! Thanks again!
jespah

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 06:15 am
@KilowattQ,
Oh, my pleasure. I only recently figured 'em out m'self. Google ads work pretty similarly.
0 Replies