Stuck on you!

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:13 am
Quote:
Inmate in Madrid prison glues self to visiting girlfriend

MADRID, Spain (AP) — The German prison inmate said despite his incarceration, he and his girlfriend are sticking together.

Guards were stunned to discover the man had glued his hand to that of his visiting girlfriend last week.

Media reports quoted Uwe Dieter Krone as saying, "We've glued our hands together to call attention to my prison situation and to be heard."

The couple had to be hospitalized.

"They will remain there until they can be separated and will then have to appear before a judge to make statements. They cannot appear in court together," said Raquel Navarro, a spokeswoman for Spain's Penitentiary Institutions. . . .

Krone, 39, was being held in a Madrid prison pending possible extradition to Germany, where he is accused in a case involving the trafficking of prostitutes.

It's amazing what two people will do to "stick together."

I am not familiar with criminal procedure in Spain. Nevertheless, I found it odd that they would be hauled before a judge "to make statements."

I wonder what the charge will be? Do you suppose his visiting privileges will be suspended? LOL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 911 • Replies: 5
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:49 am
If they stayed together long enough they would be begging to have their hands amputated.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
ROFL
NickFun wrote:
If they stayed together long enough they would be begging to have their hands amputated.

NickFun! I think you're right! ROFL
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:06 pm
Haven't these people heard of nail polish remover? It dissolves Crazy Glue, which this probably was. And if it was any other commercially available glue (Epoxy, etc.), the company would have created an "antidote". Yeah, I also don't get why a ruling was needed - to force this guy's visitor's to stop bringing him tubes of Elmer's?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:19 pm
Acetone (nail polish remover) doesn't work for Crazy Glue. I tried it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:49 am
It's always worked for me.
0 Replies