Undying Angst

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 10:28 pm
Let me know what you all think of this. It's a song I wrote about my problem with anxiety.

Undying Angst~Gabby A.A.

There's something lurking
so deep inside of me
haunting every move I make
questioning every step I take
I over analyze everything
until it just drives me to
break down

::Bridge::
It never seems to get better
it never seems to go away
-
::Chorus::
I used to have control
I used to be fine
but somethings got a hold of me
and taken control of my mind
someone help
before I destroy myself
take away this unreasonable anxiety
take away this ridiculous fear
take away this unrealistic angst
help me to feel
real and alive again
-

The pills used to help
but they do nothing now
they're a meer aquantance to my mind
it's like my mind has
overcome them
still I run to the pills
searching for release
someoen
break me of this disease
-bridge then chorus-

Shaking,
in fear of something
that will probably
never happen
Dreading,
the things that may
the what if's
and the end of the day
Sensing,
something that isn't real
my mind is making me feel
all this anguish
someone help me
God, please save me!
-bridge then chorus x2-
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 865 • Replies: 17
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:21 pm
Interesting song DC, anxiety is a pain in the ass, thats for sure.
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:24 pm
Most definantly...the only good thing I get from anxiety is maybe a song now and then...that's about all. other than that it's a complete burdon.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:32 pm
For some reason this reminded me of the lyrics to Linkin Park's "From the Inside".
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:35 pm
Out of all the Linkin Park I listen too(and that's quite a bit) I've never heard that song...I'll have to look it up. How'd it remind you of it or are you not sure, it just kind of did thing?
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:42 pm
Hah nevermind, I have the cd...I looked at the lyrics and I didn't see much of a resemblence but ok lol..I guess it could somehow..*reads over lyrics again* I dunno..lol
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:02 pm
Quote:
The pills used to help

Ahhh, now that reminds of that MArilyn manson song "COma White".
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:26 pm
I think what made me think of it first off was just the anxiety theme in general (L.P.- "I don't know who to trust, no surprise...")

Now I think about it a little more, I can see a lot of Linkin Park's influence ("There's something lurking so deep inside of me", Easier to Run-"Something has been taken from deep inside of me"; "questioning every step I take", Numb- "Every step that I take is another mistake..."; "I run to the pills searching for release... break me of this disease", Breaking the Habit- "Clutching my cure I tightly lock the door... I hurt much more than any time before" etc)

Like you, I'm a big fan of Linkin Park, I really hope you keep writing. Your style will only get better with time.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:27 pm
hating every breath I take
you'll be watching me

don't you hate it when you think you came up with somehting, and then it turns out, your subconscious just stole it without telling you?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:34 pm
stuh505 wrote:
hating every breath I take
you'll be watching me

Sounds a little like Evanescence's "Haunted" ("Watching me, wanting me, I can feel you pull me down")
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:50 pm
If you think this stuff is derivative, listen to WAgner
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:22 pm
Oh, the old guys get ripped off all the time. How many versions of Pachelbel's Canon have you heard?
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:51 pm
Ok, my subconcious mind did not steal anything from anyone, Stuh. I have never seen those words you showed me my whole life...which would be about 14 years. I acutally wrote this during a panic attack. So the fact that it looks like something else is because we only have so many words to work with and they get used several times or in different ways. EXAMPLE
Usher ft Lil John and Ludacris~"We want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed"
Some dude(hah, i forgot his name) ft Lea~I want a lady in the street but a freak in the sheets"

SO....sometimes stuff looks alike..who cares? This isn't a famous peice of work, its a feeling. I did not steal any of the lines. Influenced, only by the fact that I listen to music, I'm sure some of you alls work has resembled other things at times.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:04 pm
My apologies if my comments came off like an insult, DC. It was not my intention to accuse you of stealing. I was just trying to say that I thought I recognised your influences.

As for me, my greatest ambition in life is originality (well, of the good kind at least). Smile
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:08 pm
Ehh its fine. I just like to state my case.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:09 pm
fortune:

those lyrics should have reminded you more of the police...since they were nearly a direct rip

dark angel:
never seen them? the first two lines come out of your own poem...i just did the next two to match the lines from the police song that they were similar too.

i didnt mean that you were stealing...i just read your poem, and noticed that it was almost from a song...then i noticed that other people had noticed the same thing but from 3 different songs!

it is not often that this happens...

im not saying you stole them, im saying that you have heard them before and even though you forgot them, your subconscious mind still remembers these patterns and models future sentences after them.
0 Replies

DC DarkAngel89

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:33 am
Quote:
im not saying you stole them, im saying that you have heard them before and even though you forgot them, your subconscious mind still remembers these patterns and models future sentences after them.

It would surprise me if I "remembered them" mostly because I have never heard, nor heard of the police.

My song may sound similar to other stuff, yet it is completley different. Mind was written with the mindset of anxiety. I don't know what the other song's you all were referring to were written about but I do know I was not using lines from them FOR THE LAST TIME. Even though I will probably have to say it again...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:46 am
There's an old saying, "there's nothing new under the sun". I don't think you stole anything DC, but I also think that trying to say anything in a way that noone has ever said it before is truly a monumental undertaking. For example, when I was twelve I thought I was really special for coming up with the idea that I knew that I existed even though I couldn't be sure of everything else because I had to exist to think about existing. That is, until I read Descarte...

stuh505: I didn't think of The Police! It's been ages since I listened to any of their stuff.
0 Replies