How can I LIKE and COMMENT a personal profile on Facebook from my BUSINESS page?

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 12:19 am
I am very frustrated with trying to LIKE and COMMENT on the pages of those who LIKE and COMMENT on my BUSINESS/COMPANY FB page. Sometimes I am able to LIKE another BUSINESS FB page. But I have NEVER been able to LIKE or COMMENT on a person's profile page. And the issue is, my BUSINESS/COMPANY page is for Songwriters Guild of America and many songwriters and musicians have ONLY personal profiles. They LIKE and COMMENT on our BUSINESS page but I cannot return the favor. WTH?

Can anyone help me? I don't want to LIKE or COMMENT as my personal page. That defeats the purpose of having a BUSINESS FB page. I'm ready to give up on the BUSINESS PAGE of FB altogether.

Laurie

View best answer, chosen by lastevns
jespah

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 08:04 am
@lastevns,
Gear wheel, upper right corner. Pull down and select 'use Facebook as ___'.
lastevns

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 08:35 am
@jespah,
Yeah, that doesn't work. I am doing that. But when I am using Facebook as Songwriters Guild of America and I visit a page of someone who has liked my page, I cannot return the favor by liking or commenting on their personal profile pages. There is no choice to comment or to like. Those just don't exist on their pages when I am using my Business FB page. I've also looked for the three dots, those are not showing and I've looked for the old flags. They aren't there either. Clearly Facebook doesn't want me to like individual's profile pages or comment on them as a Business page.
Butrflynet
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 03:22 pm
@lastevns,
They have it set that way because business pages used to spam everything on FB by liking or commenting with ads or nonsense just to get their name seen.l
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 04:31 pm
@lastevns,
lastevns wrote:
That defeats the purpose of having a BUSINESS FB page.

nope

the business page is not meant to interact on a personal level with individuals

it's set up correctly

if YOU want to comment/like, you have to do it in your own name
lastevns

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 03:52 am
@ehBeth,
Wow, well, it interferes with our particular needs because, as I wrote, most songwriters and even many professional (not famous - but working musicians) use a personal profile to represent them on FB. So, really creating a personal profile for myself with the company branding makes more sense. But, I guess some were either perceived to take advantage of things or were anticipated to take advantage. A shame.

Thanks for the clarification.
0 Replies

lastevns

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 03:54 am
@Butrflynet,
Well, thanks for the response. At least I know I'm not blindly missing how to do this. I guess it just can't be done. A shame.
0 Replies