Blown up Bunny

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:28 am
Blown up Bunny

Quote:
RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) — Lucky the rabbit is finally living up to her name.

. . . Two weeks ago, her owner taped her to a huge firecracker and tossed her into a lake. The firecracker didn't go off and she was fished out.

Police charged the owner with animal cruelty after pictures surfaced on the Internet.

Where are these pictures depicting poor bunny taped to huge firecracker? Poor Bunny . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,509 • Replies: 12
No top replies

squinney

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:33 am
"The brown-and-white rabbit rescued from a cruel teenage owner is now living in a prime corner cage at the House Rabbit Society in Richmond, California."

Wow! Never knew there was such a place. Wonder if they have any more rooms. I'm looking for early retirement.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:35 am
I blame Beavis and Butthead.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:49 am
Re: this will upset dlowan
Quote:
Where are these pictures depicting poor bunny taped to huge firecracker?

this is the closest thing i could find
http://www.clarkson.edu/~winklebh/images/rocket2.jpg
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:05 pm
Cruelty to Animals?
Legal Question:

I think the teenage owner of firecracker bunny was falsely charged with the crime of cruelty to animals. After all, there could not have been any criminal intent to actually blow up the bunny if she tossed the firecracker donning bunny into the lake. Even if the fuse was lit, the lake water would most definitely douse the fuse and make an explosion impossible.

Maybe the teenage owner and bunny were merely practicing their act for the traveling Coyote and Roadrunner Show.

Don't you think the teenage owner should be found "not guilty" of cruelty to animals?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:06 pm
Richmond! That's my home town! We left when I was two, though, because my sister was getting chased home from school.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:13 pm
There we go again!
patiodog wrote:
Richmond! That's my home town! We left when I was two, though, because my sister was getting chased home from school.

Patiodog:

Why would your parents move you and your sister from such a supportive Richmond enviroment? Why do people so readily assume a harmful motive where none exists? Obviously, the sister chasers recognized your sister's enormous gift for running and were helping her to prepare for the Olympics. Her potential after the ill-conceived move was probably wasted. . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:26 pm
It's very true. And we moved to a town where people cared so little that she -- and I, too -- was allowed to proceed along casually. Lazily, even. And where there was a public bench, there was neither vandalism nor vagrant to prevent our slothfully sitting down and resting for as long as we cared.

It was truly negligent.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 02:04 pm
I am thinking the bunny firecracker perpetrator may have been just stupid, not innocent..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:03 pm
Yeah, M-80s and cherry bombs have fuses that don't usually go out once they are lit, even under water.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:28 pm
Re: Cruelty to Animals?
Debra_Law wrote:
Don't you think the teenage owner should be found "not guilty" of cruelty to animals?

I can only assume that you're being facetious, right?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:45 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

I can only assume that you're being facetious, right?

I don't have a facetious bone in my body. The teenage owner has a valid defense--unlike this cruel old lady:

http://www.animallaw.info/cases/caustx48sw3d273.htm
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:34 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
The teenage owner has a valid defense...

What might that be? That the rabbit was thrown into a body of water? How is that a defense?

Again, I suspect you're jesting. If so, you needn't respond.
0 Replies