Sun 17 Jan, 2016 09:06 am

HAVE YOU REPENTED OF YOUR CARNALITY? Do You Repent When You Give Into Your Emotions? You Better.

Rom 8:1-9

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Rom 11:32-34
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?"
Luke 1:74-80
74 To grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.
76 "And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; for you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,
77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people by the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us;
79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."
80 So the child grew and became strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his manifestation to Israel.
Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
2 Pet 3:8-9
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
Luke 13:2-5
2 And Jesus answered and said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?
3 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
4 "Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."
Rev 2:5
5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place-- unless you repent.
John 3:3-12
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?
11 "Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.
12 "If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
(NKJ)
XXX The first step in Christianity is repentance. Repenting of your carnality. Humbling yourself to the Word of God. It says to repent and believe in the gospel. It does NOT say mix the Word in with your own carnal logic. It says to purge your carnal logic and believe in the gospel. And repent of every sin you commit until you die. If you repent you will be forgiven, if you do not repent you will not be forgiven.
Do you repent daily? You sin daily.

1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 12:21
21 lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced.
(NKJ)
EXAMPLE
Matt 27:3-4
3 Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." And they said, "What is that to us? You see to it!"
(NKJ)

Rom 4:5-8
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

Lordyaswas

Sun 17 Jan, 2016 09:59 am
@Squeakybro,
Give up carnality?

Never. I like bacon and lamb too much, I'm afraid.

I did manage being a veggie for a week about thirty years ago, but ended up dreaming of roast chicken.

Sorry.
0 Replies

Miller

Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:08 am
@Squeakybro,
Yes, I have a great deal of sorrow in my mighty soul, because I didn't buy a lottery ticket. Next time, I'll try very hard to get down to the store, that sells the tickets....

I shall repent ....But if I win the lottery, I'll enjoy a life of splendor and you know what else Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:50 am
lol I hope satan pays you will for saying stupid things. Because I wouldn't give you a nickel for everything you know. That isn't even humorous.
neologist

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 01:16 am
@Squeakybro,
Chill out, Squeaky.
Squeakybro

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:24 am
@neologist,
I'm doing just fine. But if I draw out the unclean spirits in others, it should help you, and others see the demons in them. It saddens me to see you defend the demons in here.

2 Cor 12:16
16 But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.
(KJV)

0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:31 am
Demons . . . demons on the internet . . . this boy is way out there . . . that probably explains why he's all alone.
Squeakybro

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:37 am
@Setanta,
Your full of them.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:43 am
Yeah, you're full of it . . .

Here's some carnality for ya, little boy, you better bet . . .

Squeakybro

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 05:05 am
@Setanta,
Your loosing it again. Going off the deep end.

Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Setanta

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 05:44 am
@Squeakybro,
Far from "losing it," i'm having a really good time. Join the party, you silly old hill billy preacher wannabe . . .

Lordyaswas

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:52 am
Count me in!

I'm always up for a sing song.....,

Squeakybro

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 08:29 am
@Lordyaswas,
Well its obvious neither one of you can quote the bible. And this is a bible based thread. You two should go start a thread on dumb pictures. You seem to have a lot of them. lol
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:28 am
@Setanta,

heyyyy lordy
heyyyy lordy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:31 am
if there are going to be vipers on this thread

let's do it up right

Squeakybro

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
ROFLOL Are all my hecklers 10 years old??
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:36 pm
Dara O'Briain and Frankie Boyle on religion and creationism....

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:50 pm
@Lordyaswas,

the ministry of music
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:57 pm
Jesus, he knows me........

0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 01:03 pm
0 Replies