Scrooge's nephew's maid -- who was the actress?

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 01:19 am
From the very first time I saw Alastair Sim's Christmas Carol (circa 1960 at the age of 7) I fell in love with the little maid who takes Scrooge's coat and gently encourages him to enter the party when he comes to make his ammends. Recently I discovered that I am not alone in this infatuation. However, none of us canfind out what the name of the actress who played her. Rosie Applin played tha part in the 1930s film. But no record seems to exist about the girl from the '51 film.

Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,276 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:23 am
Here's the full cast listing, per the Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/fullcredits
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:45 am
Jespah beat me to it but put that site in your favorites as it's the most comprehensive database on the Internet for movies. And welcome to A2K, Christopher.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:57 am
I checked there as well but there's no mentioning of the maid.
0 Replies

Christopher

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 11:11 am
Hi, and thanks for your remarkably swift response. However, that was one of the many cast listings I've already checked and, as eoe pointed out, there is no listing of the maid. (Oddly enough, it isn't difficult to find out who played her in the earlier movie.)

I'm not giving up though!
0 Replies

Christopher

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 03:35 pm
Just for the sake of anyone interested, one of the few remaining actors still alive from that movie is George Cole who played the young Scrooge. I have, through another forum (BritMovie Film Forum) obtained his agent's address and will be writing to see if old George remembers the actress's name.

I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

TimeTunnel

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
Me Too
Hi friends, My eye was caught by the little maid too. She seem meek, shy and timid. I always wondered what happened to her. I'll do my best to keep checking this forum. I'm at [email protected]. Thanks to all for any info you may find.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 03:10 pm
The Alastair Sim version was indeed the best film version of the book, the scene you refer to was a touching one, and although I never explicitly thought of that maid's existence, nonetheless upon hearing your question, I remember the scene and her face. Keep us posted on what you find out.
0 Replies