CPS Confidentiality Breech, Slander.

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:24 pm
I have very good reason to believe that cps has released person information to others as well as telling my ex wife my current living and relationship issues, and before i was even in court or proven guilty they came to my house and told 10 strangers that i had done things that were found untrue later but in the meantime tarnished my name, Im looking to know if this sounds like something i may have a case to fight.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,370 • Replies: 4
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:31 pm
@Mikemisty15,
What would you gain by having this fight? If the charges were already found untrue, then the best thing for you to do is just forget about it.

You need to think very carefully before jumping into fights that you can avoid. They are expensive, and there is always the risk that you will lose and do more damage to yourself. Unless there is some specific way that a legal fight would help you (and fixing hurt pride is not a good reason), it is doubtful it is worth it.

If you think it is worth it, the first step is to talk to a good lawyer. You aren't going to get any good advice from an internet forum that I haven't just given you.

The best revenge is to live a good life. If you can put this behind you and forget it and focus on living your life, it is the best way forward.

Mikemisty15

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Ive been trying to but my current girlfriends family has now infringed on my life and privacy forced me from my home and my worker and ex wife are both involved in this and i do have plenty to gain liek my children who were wrongfully taken from me from day when cps made no attempt to contact me about them being taken or placed with me. Law is law and i know my confidentiality was broken and i know that that is against the law. its not about my pride its about the last year and a half of my life that has been taken away from me because of them.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Let me revise my original answer a little. If CPS was involved, you probably want to talk to a lawyer in any case. You want to make sure that there isn't any negative record that may impact you in the future.

But I wouldn't go the lawyer looking for a fight. I would go and ask... this is what happened, can I let this go, or is there anything I should do (like requesting a record be sealed or writing a rebuttal) to protect myself in the future?

My biggest piece of advice is not to do anything without first consulting a lawyer.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2016 07:55 pm
@Mikemisty15,
Quote:
the last year and a half of my life that has been taken away from me because of them.

It sounds like you are focusing on the past instead of the future. Do you get to be with your children at least part of the time now?

There is nothing you can do about the last year and a half. It is history (and revenge isn't worth it).

Focus on the next year and a half. Talk to a lawyer and figure out how to protect yourself and how to make your life, and the life of your kids, better going forward. But, don't look to make anyone pay for what happened in the past. This will just make it harder for things to be better going forward.

You should talk to a lawyer in any case. I am only suggesting that when you do, you focus on getting past this and getting on with your life rather than looking for someone to pay.

0 Replies