Laugh and the World Laughs with you; Act stupid and the world laughs at you

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 09:31 am
So far, all the Oregon crew has managed to do is become of the laughing stock of the nation. They have inspired so much wit in the form of memes and slide remarks that hardly a minute goes by when the rest of us aren't laughing.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:22 am
I have read and even spread a bit of the humor. I feel that if these people would leave their guns at home when protesting, people would not feel quite so resentful to them.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 12:51 pm
@plainoldme,
In the intedrest of Plain Talk, some of us, esp the oldtimers with encroaching alz's (me), might appreciate a link

Well Dale, you respond, why not Google. Indeed, why not
George

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 01:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
. . . I feel that if these people would leave their guns at home when
protesting, people would not feel quite so resentful to them.
And they'd be in the local jail by now.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 01:08 pm
It seems to me if they were Muslims they would be dead by now.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 01:17 am
@dalehileman,
Here is a link to the story.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-ranchers-occupy-national-wildlife-refuge_56888a61e4b0b958f65be382
Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 06:09 am
Send snacks please
margo

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 11:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Send snacks please

You want smacks?! Well, you probably deserve a good smack!
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 09:21 am
@plainoldme,
Plain old me is right. The "occupation" is a clown show.
Morale at Oregon Standoff Collapses After Militia Member Goes AWOL, Drinks Away Donation Money
Dylan Hock | January 7, 2016

The week-long Oregon standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, already the butt of many jokes, is already falling apart due to infighting between group members.

According to a Facebook video that he has since removed from his profile, Cai Irvin, one of the gunmen holding down the federal bird sanctuary, claimed that one of the “patriots” walked off the camp to stay in a hotel and drink away the donations he raked in to be part of the insurgency.

The man in question is identified as Joe O’Shaugnessy, otherwise known as “Capt. O,” allegedly a member of the Arizona militia. Capt. O had been arguing with others at the occupation and ended up checking into a motel room Wednesday night where other pseudo-supporters have been staying.

Infamous anti-Muslim organizer and fellow Arizonan militant John Ritzheimer, also present in Oregon for the standoff, went over to the motel to confirm O’Shaugnessy’s desertion. Ritzheimer found him drinking alcohol paid for with the donations given to him by fellow “patriots” wishing to support the effort, according to disabled National Guard member and group spokesperson Maureen Peltier.

“Ritzheimer did call me – he’s ******* pissed, he’s mad, he’s upset. He told me to tell all of you that Joe O’Shaugnessy is a deserter and a coward,” Irvin said.

Since several of the militants have been seen in the local area dining at restaurants even as the standoff remains underway, the fact that Capt. O went to stay at a local motel wouldn’t have sparked too much surprise, nor indicate anything out of the ordinary was afoot. However, Ritzheimer’s message indicates O’Shaugnessy may be the second “deserter” among participants of the poorly-planned Oregon standoff. One of the insurgents who has already run off under the pressure is Brian “Buddha” Cavalier, who likely fled in shame after the media reported that he had lied about being a Marine, with the Marine Corps itself revealing that they had no record of his service.

O’Shaugnessy also argued with his fellow “revolutionaries,” taking issue with the fact that women and children are present at an occupation where the militants have been attempting to goad law enforcement into a gunfight to the death.

But despite the tiffs and miffs between the group and O’Shaugnessy, members of the militant group say they feel betrayed by Captain O, who had also been party to the standoff at the Bundy Ranch last year.

Having learned of Captain O’s recent fiery thirst, Irvin said:

“It’s like finding out there is no such thing as Santa. Come on, man.”

O’Shaugnessy, however, is not exactly wallowing in his crowdfunded beer. Instead, he’s written a small statement on his Facebook claiming the Malheur militants are now running a “smear campaign” on him, presumably for calling them out on the presence of women and children at a would-be gunfight and storming off. Captain O said:

“Because I have been vocal about not supporting the actions taken by the individuals inside the compound apparently they have desired to launch a smear campaign against me. Even though I am one of the only Patriots on the outside doing everything I can to try and prevent this from turning into another Wako [sic] And making sure to protect the safety of all involved. To what I say my reputation is sterling.”

With two prominent members already gone or seemingly ousted, it seems this standoff may end with a whimper rather than a bang.

http://usuncut.com/news/oregon-standoff-member-caught-drinking-donation-money/
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 01:32 pm
@Blickers,
Thank you Blick for that link
Blickers

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:35 pm
@dalehileman,
Your welcome. With all the stories now flooding the public from so many new sources, (social media and websites, not just TV and newspapers), I find myself that it's not easy to keep up with the latest thing everyone is talking about.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 05:12 pm
@Blickers,
Me neither
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good point
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:54 pm
@dalehileman,
This story has been widely reported and much discussed. Memes and hashtags about are everywhere.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:55 pm
@George,
No, they would not. I think that county and state authorities are largely ignoring the protestors.
George

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:25 am
@plainoldme,
If they're ignoring them, they are doing it the way A2Kers use the "Ignore" button.
0 Replies