Police violence at anti franking protest

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:54 pm
Barton Moss Woman Arrested and Beaten at Anti-Fracking Protest

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/1932362_10152321108173829_1488937255_n.jpg

Quote:
Anti-fracking protests are an attempt to confront what Rob Nixon calls the slow violence of environmental damage; this attempt is in turn being countered by the violence of the state

Quote:
Vanda – the mother of four who was brutally dragged across a muddy field in handcuffs last month, injured and left on the floor for 45 minutes waiting for an ambulance

Quote:
I was stood next to Vanda when it started. She turned to face the officer stood behind her and said ‘I have been doing this for years and I know exactly how far away from you I need to stand’. She then turned around and within seconds the officers pounced on her. The level of violence shown towards her was horrifying, at one point they were pushing her head into the ground and laughing at her.”

So Vanda knew her boundries where protesting was concerned, voiced it and as a result was pounced on.

Just the look on his face says it all.

I understand there "could" be a minority of Police that see "power" and take it, use it, we've seen it so many times but how do you stop them getting into the Force after all, there are tests upon tests before acceptance.

This, however, is un-believably wrong!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,895 • Replies: 19

djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:00 pm
despite anything else in this story, isolating a frame and trying to assign anything of value to an expression is useless, people make odd faces in everyday conversation if you could pause real life as folks were speaking, singing, or struggling?straining as this fellow is doing and you see a multitude of strange and perplexing images
chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:12 pm
@djjd62,
I wholeheartedly agree.

The frame of this picture does NOT indicate he was laughing, or even smiling.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Do you have some sort of evidence to show her being beaten up?

Restrained, maybe? Ejected?

If she had been beaten up, it would be all over our news channels, as you can guarantee that someone there would have had phone video taping the whole thing.

I've seen nothing.
chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:29 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I found an article on this

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=2196

and there are many things in the story that can be questioned.

Said something about here being thrown to the ground and "a look of fear" on her face.

Looking at her face in this one frame, and at other photos via the link, I could ask; Is that a look of fear, or anger, surprise, etc? In a different context, it could even be look at as a face of happy excitement.

She was left on the ground until and ambulance can 45 minutes later? Well, how long did it take to get an ambulance out there, then through the crowd and so forth. Might not have been an unreasonable time. It states in the article that someone asked the status of the amubulance, and was told one hadn't been called for, even though they had been told it was.

Well, as Roberta quote says, "if you're wrong about this, you can be wrong about other stuff"
Did the person asked have the knowledge one had been called? Was it asked of the same person that was supposed to have called.

How agressive was this woman being toward the police? That statement of "I know exactly how close I can stand" while obviously not a reason to touch her, is very taunting. What else did she say or do?

Has Paul Harvey says we need the rest of the story.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Sorry, I totally forgot the link

http://revolution-news.com/barton-moss-woman-arrested-beaten-anti-fracking-protest/

Yes, I understand expressions can be misread. More so I am going off what the reporter "witnessed"...

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:31 pm
Eye witnesses are notorious for getting things wrong.

Especially if they have their own agenda.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://revolution-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1621719_10152286612729701_1295783371_n.jpg

This is the reporters count. He has the camera but obviously there are obstructions in the way as looking at the police officer it doesn't look like he's pushing her neck into the fence. Looking at her face the height of the wood is the height to her neck and there is blood on her face.

Again, I'm going off of the reporters count of events.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:44 pm
Yes. Scrathing your face on what looks like a thin branch could and would cause a scrape that would bleed. There are twigs caught in her hair, she could have gotten poked with one. That's not a large amount of blood quite frankly. Looks like the amount of blood I'd get if I popped a pimple, then smeared the blood across my skin.

I'm not saying none of what is said didn't happen. I just see no proof that it did.

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:58 pm
@chai2,
After a long drive back from Birmingham not so long ago, I entered my part of town and as I passed the Train Station I was struck by the number of really strange looking people that were milling around.
One looked like a goth version of Santa, another a fully fledged badass looking Hell's Angel. One guy had an old 70's punk parakeet look going on, and there were a lot of goth girls wearing camouflage jackets and Doc Marten boots etc.
I honestly thought there was a fancy dress party going on somewhere.

I carried on up the road and noticed more, and by the time I got to about a mile from home there was a steady throng.
I'd never seen these people before, and believe me, I would have remembered.
There is a main road that I must drive along before turning down my own road, and this main road suddenly had barricades either side, and rows of beaten up old flower power painted vans and about two hundred more Addams family relatives huddled together, many of them shouting through megaphones.
I had to slow for a policeman and he waved me through quickly once he realised I was just a boring conformist motorist. I drove another hundred yards or so and turned down my road.

Later, on the main news, I heard that the Bildeberg people were meeting at the posh hotel on that main road, and the mob were there to protest against it all.
They sort of ran rampage around the area for the three days of the meeting, and friends of mine who are right next to the hotel grounds had their garage broken into and loads of stuff taken. Someone shat in their front garden and the plants all trodden down.
Their neighbours had much the same stuff happen, and when the mob finally went at the end of the three days the filth and mess left behind had to be seen to be believed.
These people obviously had advance warning that Bildeberg was happening, and the organisation behind it all was very impressive.
A lot of these folk do this full time, and when they pack up from one place they head to the next.
The local people don't have a clue as to who these people are, and if you asked the normal bloke in the street next to that (above mentioned) fracking demo whether they wanted these people there, they would probably say no.
I know there was a demo against the demonstrators in another fracking site last year where the locals turned up to politely ask the rent a mob to **** off somewhere else.

These professional demonstrators know their legal rights down to the finest detail, and they can all spout expert facts as to why they are there, but if you asked them where the nearest wildfowl trust park was, or what they thought of the local conservation efforts, they would not have a clue.

Professional demonstrators are usually ignorant of the local area and a pain in the arse.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:26 pm
@chai2,
If you look again at those photos. Her hair was up in a bun when it started, neat. Then she's on the ground, twigs in her hair, blood on her face and she's pushed against that wood as well, she looks shocked, then it looks as if he has his arm hard around her neck, that look on her face then does not suggest happiness rather fear and bruised as well.

Have a look.

I saw also at least 3 other allegations from others simular and that the cost of Police attendance at these protests were 3Million pounds.

3 Million? Someone wouldn't be very happy at all over that.

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

If you look again at those photos. Her hair was up in a bun when it started, neat. Then she's on the ground, twigs in her hair, blood on her face and she's pushed against that wood as well, she looks shocked, then it looks as if he has his arm hard around her neck, that look on her face then does not suggest happiness rather fear and bruised as well.

Have a look.

I saw also at least 3 other allegations from others simular and that the cost of Police attendance at these protests were 3Million pounds.

3 Million? Someone wouldn't be very happy at all over that.

Sorry if you thought I meant she looked happy. I was indicating you can't go by a still shot a lot of the times what exactly is going on.

So her hair came out of a bun. So what? That doesn't take a lot to do.

Yeah, she's on the ground. The police did put her there. No question on that. When you're on the ground you get twigs and **** in your hair, and you could scratch youself on those twigs, and get a little blood on your face. She's not covered in blood, she has a slight smear of blood that could that come from anything.

If you were to prick for finger for a sugar test, but instead wiped it on your face, there would be about the same amount of smear.

That could be a look of shock and fear, or anger and rage.

Protestors lodging complaints against police forces. Who would have ever thought that would happen?

I'm not saying something wrong didn't happen. I just can't say something did because of hair come down from a bun, twigs and leaves, and a small smear of blood.

Was she fighting back? Did she have to be restrained because she was trying to kick or bite? I don't know.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:32 pm
@chai2,
Absolutely, I agree with stilled photos though I like to think body language speaks volumes as well.

Her neck is against a wooden fence, sure that could have been an error of judgement on behalf of the Police. Sure, 3 million pounds to monitor this particular protest on-going, a lot of money would that peeve someone of enough to say, start getting hard on them, I don't know.

For the most part I read they've been peaceful.

But, you're right in as much as who knows.

There are various you tubes on this as well with further claims and videos.

I just don't think you should push a woman to the ground rather get back up if she was creating havoc. There were certainly plenty of policemen around her, shout out, carry her to the van..

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Found, with all due respect, please note the title of the site that you linked for this, and then say to yourself "Is this report likely to be unbiased?"

The cost so far is about £600k, according to several reports I've read from various mainstream newspapers.
Many of these people are there to make as much of a nuisance as possible. They video every second of "action" from every angle, and as soon as someone ends up falling over or being restrained, cameras click non stop until they've got the one or two stills they need. Within half an hour, those handpicked photos wil be on their site, where other people from the orgsnisation will add any old text to make it sound sensational, and it will be professionally re-tweeted across the world within an hour or two.

Very few of these people actually know what they are actually protesting against, and even if you provided them with cast iron evidence to prove that they are wrong, they will not believe you.
As in other countries, we have a percentage of the population who choose to protest against everything, as long as it is anti establishment. It is the price of democracy.
In the UK, we have one of the fairest police forces in the world. They are predominantly unarmed, and under intense scrutiny whenever they are policing such demos.
If this was anywhere else, chances are you would have not seen fairer treatment of the demonstrators than you have seen here. In many countries, they would have been dispersed with teargas and truncheons by now, and in many other countries, they would not have been allowed to demonstrate at all.
Believe me, if there was any overzealous policing going on here, it would be all over the news on TV and in the papers.
It hasn't.

I am therefore convinced that this is all propaganda, and the powers behind the demonstrators are working to get these one or two stills as much twisted publicity as possible.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 03:01 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you Lordyaswas, I obviously caused you some time to view and check, wasted time, my apologies.

This is what happens when you see something on face-book and view the "image" even though my A2K friends tell me from time to time, "it's a hoax or it's not credible".

The reason why I love A2K, as there are wise souls out there.

Again thanks.

If it ain't on the news, I won't start a thread Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 03:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm not saying that there is no reason for them to be there though, as this fracking malarky is causing a bit of worry where it's due to be going on.

I don't really know the full ins and outs of the danger or non danger of it all, but reading farmerman's various posts here where he writes about America's fracking over the years, I take his word for it that the science behind this procedure and the stats to back it up says that there is very little to worry about.
Still, if it was due to happen underneath my outside toilet, I would probably still worry and be motivated to check it out in depth.

The majority of these people who are protesting this aforementioned fracking would protest a free give away of money to the poor if the establishment was in any way connected to the giveaway.

They are "educated" by their bosses about how evil fracking or whatever is, and I believe they honestly are wholeheartedly behind what they do. If you presented their evidence to Scientists who have actually monitored fracking for years, they seem to say that the evidence is pure scaremongering and mostly utter bollocks.

But, when all is said and done, they have a right to be there as long as they don't break any laws.
And personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:31 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

I only clicked on this thread because I was curious as to what the radical philatelists might be up to now.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:36 pm
@Pearlylustre,
They're stamping on our freedoms.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:58 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

Quote:

I only clicked on this thread because I was curious as to what the radical philatelists might be up to now.

It took me almost the way down to here to see what the heck anti franking was -- some guy named frank? Being upright and forward in your speaking? I was more wondering what the heck they were protesting then just above someone wrote fracking -- ah completely different.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Still, if it was due to happen underneath my outside toilet, I would probably still worry and be motivated to check it out in depth.

I'm sure they wouldn't dream of fracking in an area that's already plagued with minor earthquakes and sonic booms.

As a side note what was the time frame between frack and fracking being used as swear words on Battlestar Galactica and it suddenly becoming a real word?
0 Replies