car accident

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 03:40 pm
I was recently rear ended at a four way stop with my enclosed trailer attached. The other drivers insurance company is accepting liability. The problem is that there was a mistake with my issuance company and they didn t have my trailer insured at the time of the accident. The plates were good and had current stickers. The trailer is a complete loss and I also have around $1000 in tools that are damaged. Along with that the lettering on my trailer will need to be redone to my replacement trailer which also cost about $1000. Will the other insurance company reimburse me for my loss or will they try to say that it wasn t insured and they aren t liable for those items? Also should I contact a lawyer to receive the maximum replacement money?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,815 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 04:23 pm
@perryperfection,
I'm not an attorney, but I think you should be able to collect for all losses.
roger

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 04:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Agree. If they wiped out an uninsured tree in the front yard, they would still be liable.

As to the lawyer, I believe I would hold off till I had an offer of settlement. It seems to be a general rule that most lawyers will take about 1/3 of any settlement even if they don't have to dispute the settlement.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 05:01 pm
@roger,
That's true about lawyers fees; 1/3d for doing nothing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 05:40 pm
@perryperfection,
Have you talked to the other insurer yet? start there.

You may not need to use a lawyer at all.

It really depends on your jurisdiction. Every state/province has slightly different laws for matters like this.
0 Replies