In a Metro station...

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:58 am
I suddenly realize there's almost nothing left of the stories I wrote when I was a child. I do have two poems though still there (I if recall it correctly). I'll search them up for you.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:12 am
That doesn't matter! Even though I'm not the greatest at speaking Dutch, I can read most of it.. like I can't speak Old Catalan at all, but I can understand it...

Yeah, do search them, please! I look forward to reading them.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:23 am
Well they are not quite good actually, although I have one little story I want to share with you. I'll PM it to you.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
As you know now, I found it impressing ;D.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:32 pm
Not to avoid anything, but what is your favorite writer dròm_et_rêve? Which writers are an inspiration for you?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:26 pm
Hey, Rick:

That's a difficult question; not because I don't have a favourite writer, but because I have about six...if I had to name one, I'd say Shakespeare. His works are really for all time, appliable to anything, and so rich. Laclos' style and eye for plot detail, as seen in Les liaisons dangereues, have influenced my way of writing novels lots. Nabokov is a very big favourite of mine, and-- more modern -- as is Joseph O'Connor. My poetry isn't really influenced by many people-- even though I adore Philip Larkin, Sylvia Plath, Dylan Thomas, Emly Dickinson and Simon Armitage--, and when it comes to plays, apart from Shakespeare, I love Ibsen's dramatic skill, Ionesco's sense of humour and Oscar Wilde's wit. I don't try to emulate any of them-- (well, maybe Wilde with a few throw-off lines here and there Embarrassed)-- because I know that their style has been done and that I couldn't do it just as well. So, I aspire to, rather than am influenced by, really.

(apologies for the ramble)

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:28 pm
You don't have to apology for any rambling here dròm_et_rêve Smile
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:29 pm
Your rambles are always informative and interesting, Drom. No need to apologise.

I just got around to reading this thread. I liked your story very much.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:14 pm
Thanks, you two. (And thanks, Fortune; I'm very glad that you liked it Very Happy.)

0 Replies