funding needed to treat PTSD and depression

norisol

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:40 pm
Can anyone help me find info to get the funding to treat PTSD, depression and disorientation disorder? It is all do to the sexual and phical abuse endured from birth to 5 and subsequent abandonment of a girl at age 5.
please feel free to ask me for any more details.
Thank you for you time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 585 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 06:24 pm
Are there no free mental health services where you are?

Perhaps if we know what country you are from, people might be able to make suggestions.

Where I live, Australia, you would be able to get treatment for nothing.
0 Replies

norisol

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:26 pm
Thanks for pointing that out. I live in Los angeles. And unfortunately here in america we don't take care of are own.
You see the primary problem is that Post traumatic stress disorder is so new to are understanding, and treatment is not something you can just go down to welfare and get help for. It's a question of money, and those that have PTSD are not having an easy time on the day to day, its hard to explain. But it supper easy to look up and grasp. Its not astro physics, and there suprisingly a lot of info and the net but agin it's a thing of $$$.

The reason I put here in the legal forum is that that this girl was a ward of the state from 5 years of age to 16 years of age. And was never give treatment. It was in New York state (westchester county). Are they obligated to have helped more can she get fonding from them maybe?

We are looking for any options out there. Wish I lived in Australia!
0 Replies