with no regard for time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:59 pm
so lovely, Cav...I'll will think of your poem as I listen to the tick of my heart...goodnight, TO.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 04:23 am
Thanks Letty.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:03 am
cool cav Smile
i didnt realise there was a budding poet within you too Smile
groovy man Wink
i like the 'to filigree' bit best Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:05 am
Thanks Col Man. Yes, I write, mostly poetry, songs and short stories. I have no patience to pump out a novel.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:17 am
You should, one day, Cav. What would have happened to the world had Marx not decided to write Das Kapital, or Shakespeare to carry on after his History plays. Still, even if you never write a novel, we can always come back to your poetry. I really liked this; despite its discussing time quite a bit, it seemed so unique...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:20 am
Time was the theme drom. Yep, another silly challenge, but I was happy with it overall.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:21 am
O, this one sounded much less like a contest. I meant that Time has been written about so much over the past, but still you made this unique, which is difficult to do.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:21 am
yeah n imagine if we had no tripitaka or mahabarata or upanishads or torah or talmud or gospels or tao te ching....etc etc Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:22 am
Thanks drom. Yes, it is a tired theme, but as I said, I was pleased with how it came out. Crap, I better get to work. Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:23 am
People would create a God somehow. It is,-- well, it was-- the most effective form of discipline without disciplining, if you see what I mean...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:26 am
i do see what you mean drom Very Happy
i say god created people so it was only a matter of time before they realised Wink
what i find strange is the cosmic etheric connection we all share
like now for instance both you and cav say hello to me in my posts and then i just happen to notice cavs poem in this writing and then we all end up here.........hmm Smile cosmic Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 05:41 am
It is weird; it seems as if we three have the habit of ending up on a post together right after I log in...

(How far is your restaurant from home, Cav? I hope that you can make it...)

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:18 am
Quick check-in before dealing with the manipulative passive-aggressive bastard I'm working for...I am a caterer. No restaurant, and sadly, the job is far from home, and early.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:20 am
Oh no! Why is he so awful to you? Just because he can? :@.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:23 am
<sigh> I need to vent a bit. Mrs. cav went out late last night to do a site inspection and get things organized. The only thing she asked was if they could wheel out the barbecues for us to the place where they are going to be set up. He made a fuss. Thankfully, the cousin and boyfriend were around. They agreed to do it. Arrrrggggh! What is up with some people? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:26 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Oh no! Why is he so awful to you? Just because he can? :@.

Yes, and I have already been warned about him by some of my suppliers. The different stories he tells to me, his wife, and the other caterers/suppliers he has been dealing with would certainly make for a fine novel, with the web-spinning and all. Maybe I'll work on that, after today. :wink:
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:38 am
You should. I'm intrigued. Is he a serial liar?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:39 am
A
cavfancier wrote:
<sigh> I need to vent a bit. Mrs. cav went out late last night to do a site inspection and get things organized. The only thing she asked was if they could wheel out the barbecues for us to the place where they are going to be set up. He made a fuss. Thankfully, the cousin and boyfriend were around. They agreed to do it. Arrrrggggh! What is up with some people? Rolling Eyes

These people! They think that, if they're paying you, you should do all the work, even if this means that your productivity will be lessened.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 06:39 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
You should. I'm intrigued. Is he a serial liar?

That seems to be the assessment. Thank god his cheque cleared. Laughing
0 Replies