John, good q

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 12:06 pm
All forgive but in my copious ego I thought oughta it be new OP

http://able2know.org/topic/303302-1#post-6073579

Johnx3, you oughta exchange opinions with Bro who also supports his views quoting the Bible. Nonetheless all good q's

Although on your next attempt you might carriage-return paras and mebbe indent. Where you radically change the subject, two returns. And forgive me Squeaky, if you're listening, but I still maintain your OP's also need such separation, with intervening comments, and possibly summary

All you religious guys need to organize your OP's

Quote:
Does that not sound like Genesis 1:3 "And God said let there be light, and there was light." ?
Well not exactly

Quote:
Does this make sense...nobody made the universe....instead it 'made itself.... because it felt the need to' ?
Well not exactly. However the idea that it started as a sort of "nothingness" has great appeal, then grew with the Big Bang; did it this way 'cause it had to

Then of course after a while the expansion slowed down, starting the next Big Crunch. No contradictions nor paradox: Things happened this way because they hadta

Quote:
If we evolved from apes, why are there the beginning and end stages only? Where...in between?
Another really good q, wondered myself. Doubtless we'll hear from somebody with a debatable answer

Quote:
In order for this to make sense, we had to have both been made at the same time and made two different creatures:
Doubtless (to me) ridiculous

Quote:
If creatures evolved according to their surroundings, then how do they know how to evolve according to them?
They don't hafta, the environment forces 'em

Quote:
Does nothingness use its nothingness and change animals because nothing told nothingness that it needed to?
Yes x3, I'd say that sums it up pretty good. However, eventually we shall have to gain a new understanding of "nothingness"

Quote:
That makes no sense.
It will after we redefine nothingness

Quote:
Wouldn't it make sense for a God to be watching and fixing his creations according to their environment ?
The apodictical existential pantheist (me for one) absolutely agrees, this is the way it's happening right now. The Universe is Her body and all the activity therein Her thinking; in a sense we're Her brain cells

Quote:
If that can happen, history can repeat itself
Precisely, John, one of the biggest mysteries of all. By the laws of chance, it asks if She is eternal (which She is) then it has already happened exactly this way an infinite number of times; which intuition maintains is preposterous

So we might hafta [i]reconstruct some of our math[/i] to include a new way of rolling at chance, infinity and nothingness

Been a pleasure, john

Oh and an entirely diffsub: Help me spread the word that the digital community should come to realize it has to hire editing programmers with an IQ a bit higher than 42--with an open letter including the revelation that. fellas, John is almost always capitalized. If you're stuck on a toilet, of course, you can include both versions

Forgive me oldtimers if I seem to repeat myself
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 724 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 12:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Another such instance

http://able2know.org/topic/303312-1#post-6073583

With apologies to the most excellent Squeak
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 12:57 pm
@dalehileman,
FINALLY Someone actually listenss

Nice answers , except the 'let there be light' one.

You know those those clap activated lights?

How long does it take for the light to turn on after you clap?

A fraction of a second right?

That's the same as this.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 02:01 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Quote:
FINALLY Someone actually listenss
Why thank you John, it's not everyday....

Quote:
Nice answers , except the 'let there be light' one
Thanks again John but might you elaborate

Quote:
You know those those clap activated lights?
Sure
Quote:
A fraction of a second right?
sfarzai know

Quote:
That's the same as this
Again forgive, John, but what's the same as what
Johnjohnjohn

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 06:24 pm
@dalehileman,
When God said let there be light and their was light.

He commanded it, and it happened a split second after.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 12:05 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Thanks John

I don't exactly look at things that way, but yes, the Big Bang apparently grew in size sepoctillions of times in a microsecond
0 Replies