Why ISIS is Much More Dangerous than al-Qaeda

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 05:17 pm
ISIS is a union of the guys who want to blow up the world, drive us back to the stone age, and Saddam's very capable military leadership. These guys have no fear, have lots of money, and they are very smart. They are our worst nightmare.

We are going to pay very very high costs for Obama not sticking with Iraq and also not supporting al-assad.

For all the Putin haters I point out that yet again he was right, yet again his timing is perfect going into Syria trying to make a difference.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,454 • Replies: 7
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
ISIS is a union of the guys who want to blow up the world, drive us back to the stone age, and Saddam's very capable military leadership. These guys have no fear, have lots of money, and they are very smart. They are our worst nightmare.

We'll have to stop them sooner or later. The sooner the better probably, but we should wait until the world gets on board with stopping them. The destruction of Islamic State should be a global action, as opposed to the US doing everything by ourselves while the rest of the world criticizes us for being a bully.

hawkeye10 wrote:
We are going to pay very very high costs for Obama not sticking with Iraq

Unfortunately Iraq was demanding the right to prosecute US soldiers in Iraqi courts. No thanks.

hawkeye10 wrote:
and also not supporting al-assad.

Supporting Assad is like supporting Hitler. I don't need stuff like that burdening my soul on judgement day.

hawkeye10 wrote:
For all the Putin haters I point out that yet again he was right, yet again his timing is perfect going into Syria trying to make a difference.

I hope Putin doesn't invade the Baltics. Nuclear war would be a bummer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
For all the Putin haters I point out that yet again he was right, yet again his timing is perfect going into Syria trying to make a difference
Putin has not shown the world that he is even interested in hitting ISIS.I hope hes not dumb enough so as to shoot one of our planes down with his silly air edict. We have the best space recon on the planet and we can target things to the cm(and we dont even have to be there) .

RABEL222

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 08:07 pm
@farmerman,
I hate war!! But it is time to do something about Isis. We need to show them what unbridled carnage can be like in their own back yard. And screw Putin and Hawkeye.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 10:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Putin can be a real asset if he can get his heaad out of hgis ass and assist in a real leadership role. Right now, hes responsible for a fractioning of any retaliation and hitting ISIS for real.

If ISIS really wants to live in an age of darkness, we certainly can supply the dark.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 10:20 pm
@farmerman,
If you get a chance investigate how ISIS got started in Syria. These are some smart motherfuckers who have an amazing tolerance for taking pain and also delayed gratification. But most important these guys do intell way better than anyone else, Saddam's people got to be very very good at this.

Cant remember where I read about this. If I can think of it I will post it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:04 am
@hawkeye10,
Really good place to go to learn just how good ISIS is, as we get told how they took over much of Syria.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/islamic-state-files-show-structure-of-islamist-terror-group-a-1029274.html

Quote:
But when the architect of the Islamic State died, he left something behind that he had intended to keep strictly confidential: the blueprint for this state. It is a folder full of handwritten organizational charts, lists and schedules, which describe how a country can be gradually subjugated. SPIEGEL has gained exclusive access to the 31 pages, some consisting of several pages pasted together. They reveal a multilayered composition and directives for action, some already tested and others newly devised for the anarchical situation in Syria's rebel-held territories. In a sense, the documents are the source code of the most successful terrorist army in recent history.

Until now, much of the information about IS has come from fighters who had defected and data sets from the IS internal administration seized in Baghdad. But none of this offered an explanation for the group's meteoric rise to prominence, before air strikes in the late summer of 2014 put a stop to its triumphal march.

For the first time, the Haji Bakr documents now make it possible to reach conclusions on how the IS leadership is organized and what role former officials in the government of ex-dictator Saddam Hussein play in it. Above all, however, they show how the takeover in northern Syria was planned, making the group's later advances into Iraq possible in the first place. In addition, months of research undertaken by SPIEGEL in Syria, as well as other newly discovered records, exclusive to SPIEGEL, show that Haji Bakr's instructions were carried out meticulously.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:21 am
@hawkeye10,
A point that too often get glossed over is just how much hate Saddams guys have for the West after we made up reasons to take out Saddam, then we took out all of the power structure, to include a lot of guys who had worked with the West over the years. Dont be shocked if these guys have a truck full of explosives driven into a Berlin nightclub some time soon.
0 Replies