Why Isn't Gopher in the More Recent Disney Versions of Winnie the Pooh?

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:35 pm
Gopher was made by Disney, but even so, I kind liked him; why did disney do this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,878 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 02:27 am
@Noitartst,
Quote:
Gopher is only featured in, "Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree," "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day," and some episodes of "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." He is not a character in the original books, being created by Disney for their films. As a gag, it is occasionally mentioned by the other characters that Gopher is "not in the book". A stuffed Gopher does appear briefly during the credits.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1449283/faq

Sounds to me dude like just did not make the cut. You think there is some doubt about this do you?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 03:28 am
@hawkeye10,
I mean surely if Gopher was good enough Disney could have paid to get his services from whom ever owns him. There is no upside for his owners to not let him work.
engineer

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 08:32 am
@hawkeye10,
After Caddy Shack the guy got a big head and was a pain to work with on set. He and Tigger got into it one day and the producers thought it just wasn't worth it.

PS: There are no gophers in England. He might have been removed as an invasive species.
0 Replies