Blast from the past!

skruff

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 03:02 pm
The last time the car started Nixon was President, we had not yet lost the Vietnam war, the World Trade Center had just opened for business., and gas cost 38 cents for a 101 Octane gallon!

Today, The 63 Buick's carburators sucked $2.05 a gallon regular with a $5.99 lead additive, but it will still hit 135 MPH, and I still feel great with my hand wrapped around the vent-post while holding the touch-a-matic power steering with one finger.

The brake drums are almost as large as the wheels on my mother's Volvo, the trunk sleeps six, and it dips horrible around curves, but I wouldn't trade it for anything on the road today.

Bought when the world was a happier place, delivered on the day Kennedy was shot, a two owner (dad and I) dinosaur from a time that is rapidly becoming ancient history!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 532 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:52 pm
I'd love to get behind the wheel of that baby and smoke down the highway with pedal to the medal. Life would be glorious!
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:01 am
Smile
The trunk sleeps six! I coulda raised my family in that baby!
0 Replies