TINNITUS LAWSUIT

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 10:21 pm
Neighbor are suing for hearing lost over my uncle's car back up alarm being too loud. It activates for a few seconds when reversing. How much money can they ask for compensation? Three of them goes to work before they hear it activate during the weekdays. They treaten to sell all of our belongings. We're on welfare renting at my relative's house. What possible action can they take against us?

Similar stories, Lowe's shopper says 'screeching sound' from employee sawing metal caused tinnitus, sues for $41k. Concert goer suing Justin Beiber for 9 Million dollars.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,591 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 10:27 pm
@Pinklovable,
Has your family been served with a lawsuit or are you still obsessing that it might happen?

Talk to a counsellor at school about this.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 10:28 pm
@Pinklovable,
keep in mind, you can't compare American laws or lawsuits with what happens in Canada
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 10:38 pm
@Pinklovable,
This the fourth legal matter you have brought up on this forum. All four sound a tad crazy. I don't know where you live, but if the courts in your area allow this type of trivia to reach the dockets, you had better move.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 09:08 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Has your family been served with a lawsuit

I'd imagine even in Canada you need to be served a lawsuit in order to be sued.

Have you been served with any paperwork from the courts? Has a police officer or an official from the court system where you live spoken to you or given you any sort of legal papers whatsoever? If not, there is no lawsuit. A lawsuit does not go into place simply because one person says so to another person.

They threaten you again with a lawsuit, just smile and say have a nice day! Once they realize this no longer bothers you, they will tire of the threats - I told my daughter this at 4 years old (not lawsuit of course - but teasing).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 01:31 pm
@Pinklovable,
The Lowe's item is completely different:

One it has not even gone into court - so you can't even determine whether it will result in anything. Also the difference in this case, is the worker had on protective gear and was using equipment that requires safety gear, but yet was working near where customers did not have the option for safety equipment. Your situation is not a loud noise which would require safety equipment.

You are comparing things that are not comparable.

As we have repeatedly asked - have you been served with any sort of notice from the courts? If you have not, then you have not been sued.

And Justin Beiber actually won that case so it shows it is unlikely that someone would be able to win and unlikely a lawyer to take such a lame case as you describe.

Did you talk to a counselor yet?
0 Replies