The A2K "Sorry" thread - Apologise here!

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:53 pm
OMG! I POSTED AN IMAGE! Very Happy Laughing Razz

I have been trying to do this for ages & now I've done it! Sorry, it's to the wrong thread, but this is so exciting!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:18 pm
Piffka wrote:
I'm sorry that we're having a beautiful summer in the Northwest while the Antipodes is in the midst of winter. Cool

23 degrees Celsius right now, that's 73.4 of your funny Fahrenheit thingies. Call this winter? Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:24 pm
Grrrrrr ... snarl! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:38 pm
Er .... I want to apologise for going overboard on learning how to post an image ... I was just so wonderful to learn how to do this, I couldn't stop! I will indulge myself in the future, be warned! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 10:28 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Piffka wrote:
I'm sorry that we're having a beautiful summer in the Northwest while the Antipodes is in the midst of winter. Cool

23 degrees Celsius right now, that's 73.4 of your funny Fahrenheit thingies. Call this winter? Razz

No... that sounds like fall. Are you inside?

<MsOlga -- I love to see posted images... keep 'em coming!>
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:29 pm
Fall? Falling what? Better watch out, Stillwater, Piffka says something's about to fall on ya!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:56 pm
msolga wrote:

I have been trying to do this for ages & now I've done it! Sorry, it's to the wrong thread, but this is so exciting!

Congrats! Now you have pic posting and the pressure cooker mastered! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:35 pm
Brand X wrote:
msolga wrote:

Congrats! Now you have pic posting and the pressure cooker mastered! :wink:

Why thank you, Brand X! Very observant of you to notice. Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:41 am
So how abt a photo of the pressure cooker ? Laughing
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:57 am
http://sa.nextwish.org/Unsorted/Jump%20In%20The%20Air/explosion.jpg
"Damn!! msolga's turn to cook AGAIN!!!!!"
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:02 am
Oh, right, fall. I get it now! :wink:
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:13 am
Right now it's 'Melbourne' weather...... need to rug up. Youse can collect it from the the GPO any time now......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:10 am
Gautam wrote:
So how abt a photo of the pressure cooker ? Laughing

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
"Damn!! msolga's turn to cook AGAIN!!!!!"

I'm actually not to bad, Mr S! Not terrific, but not frightful, either.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:20 am
Stilly

Whatever we've got - it's worse in Melbourne!
At least adrop of rain finally - and through the week - not messing up perfectly good weekends!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 04:53 am
So why head of to sunnier spots for a week, then, margo .....hmm? :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:51 pm
Australia must be big if some parts have sunnier weather and some places you need to "rug up." (What does that mean?)

I am NOT sorry to report that Mr.P and son returned from their guys-only fishing trip to Alaska and FIXED my erratic mouse. Seems I plugged it into the wrong socket or some such thing. Hurumph. Why would it fit in a socket if it weren't the right one?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:43 pm
It's very large, Piffka. Here in the south we get our winds pretty much straight off the Antarctic. The nothern reaches are just a stones throw from the equator. There's a great big desert in the middle and most of the people live near the edges, near the water.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:45 pm
Piffka
Oz is roughly the same size as mainland USA - somewhere at home I have a graphic comparison - I'll see if I can find it.

I'd guess your weather is different to that of San Diego - that's the difference between Sydney and Melbourne.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:53 pm
Hi Fortune. Thanks. I apologize for not looking up some information before I babbled. I, with few facts and no experience, assumed all of Australia had California-like weather. (I did know it was bigger, 'course.) In the USA that would be considered particularly fine weather -- mild, sunny, etc. But even in California there are places that get lots of snow in the winter (like Tahoe) and places that stay nice year-round (like San Diego). I checked Yahoo weather and see you're currently pretty darn chilly at 49F and rain. You have my sympathy. Where I am in the US, the "rainy" Pacific Northwest, I have lots of experience with the cold & damp... and it will be coming back here very soon.

But see, I hate to ruin my little vision, wrong as it may be, where everyone in Australia is wearing sunglasses, a swimsuit and probably carrying a surfboard or getting ready to BBQ. Very Happy

BTW -- I should point out that I added the able2know toolbar today and highly recommend it. I found this cool map almost immediately.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapimages/australasia/australia/australia.gif
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:24:34