The A2K "Sorry" thread - Apologise here!

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:26 am
Setanta wrote:
Get in line in that processional
Step into that small confessional
There the man who's got religion'll
Tell you is your sin's original
If it is, try playin' it safer
Drink the wine and chew the wafer
Two, four, six, eight
Time to transubstantiate !

I am sorry set and I did not attend parochial school together. that would have probably been interesting.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 05:24 am
Setanta wrote:
Get in line in that processional
Step into that small confessional
There the man who's got religion'll
Tell you is your sin's original
If it is, try playin' it safer
Drink the wine and chew the wafer
Two, four, six, eight
Time to transubstantiate !

Laughing
But it sure as hell wasn't funny at the time! Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:21 am
We used to get in trouble with Father Sheehan all the time . . . my brother Steve would solemnly intone: "In the name of the Daddy-O, the Laddy-O and the Holy Spook" . . . poor Father Sheehan seemed to think we should take the whole thing seriously ! ? ! ? !
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:54 am
I was one of five protestant students at Holy Cross and Sister Benigna hated me. I have a scar on my hand where she hit me with one of those rulers with the metal edge and I had to have three stitches.....good times....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:26 am
Hmmmm ... nothing like a good, solid religious education! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 04:29 am
I'm sorry I spent so much of my youth in the confessional trying to remember a respectable number of sins to confess! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:10 am
msolga wrote:
I'm sorry I spent so much of my youth in the confessional trying to remember a respectable number of sins to confess! Evil or Very Mad

I remember that one too. My school mates and I used to have to go to the church every Friday morning. It was like a competition between us kids, if we didn't have a good enough sin to report the priest was very unimpressed. I clearly remember him saying once "Come on, you can do better than that!"

On other topics, I'm sorry I didn't believe that Gus actually got bitten by a spider, it's just that where I come from, if you get bitten by a spider, most often people don't hear from you again. Or your limbs fall off, in which case you can't type anyway.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:23 am
Aw, fortune, I'm sorry you got zapped in the confessional, too! Crying or Very sad It's a wonder we're so normal, given what we went through as children! Laughing

Pssst ..... It seems the spider has suffered for his mistake! Check back tio the thread to find out more!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
I'm sorry I'm not a Catholic, so that I could take some of the blows in your stead, people. However, my step-dad was of the Holy Order of Imbibers. He didn't need religion to belt kids around. We got our licks the non-holy way.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:54 am
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be from the bible belt?, edgar?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:54 am
I'm sorry for that terrible terrible joke.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:55 am
No, the big fat leather belt. Oh, you mean location? We were Texans and Okies, emmigrated to California.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:58 am
I'm really sorry your childhood was like that, Edgar.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 05:58 am
But now your back in Houston?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 06:08 am
I'm extremely sorry that I must go to work tomorrow. So now to bed. Good night all.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:29 am
<burp!> Oh I'm terribly sorry I ever had my first bite of the chocolatey/peanutty thing that students made in cooking class this morning! Nice, but ...This was followed by another bit, then another, then another .... Embarrassed <burp!>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:10 am
I am sorry - Oscar and Miranda - for leaving you at the cattery tonight, in miserable little cages, while I go away....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:10 am
I'm sorry for neglecting this thread. Please accept my humblest apology.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:55 am
dlowan wrote:
I am sorry - Oscar and Miranda - for leaving you at the cattery tonight, in miserable little cages, while I go away....

Shameful hussy! Evil or Very Mad Rushes off (no doubt to see a MAN!) & locks the devoted critters up in cages! Shocked <shaking head>

OK I'm serious now, Deb Very Happy .... Enjoy, enjoy your holiday! To warmer places, I hope? :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:59 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I'm sorry for neglecting this thread. Please accept my humblest apology.

Accepted, Edgar! Very Happy
But surely you have something to feel extremely sorry about? Let's hear it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:33:30