How Did You Learn The Bible?

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 03:17 pm
@neologist,
You strain out gnats. and you cant find the Holy Spirit within you.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

I have the Holy Spirit, and if He quotes it to me Jesus put the verse in the bible. You are allowing human wisdom to override the Word of God. You really need to read this revelation.
INTELLECTUAL IDIOTS NEED TO PURGE AND SEPARATE TO RELATE TO GODS WISDOM

Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Luke 6:32-35
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
34 "And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.
35 "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
Matt 5:46-47
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
Rom 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Phil 3:8-11
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
1 Cor 1:18-21
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:25-26
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
Matt 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
2 Tim 3:5
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
(NKJ)
xxx We should as christians turn away from the intellectuals that want to put everything in their own words instead of useing the Words of our Lord. There is no absolute in the intellectual mind. There is only more questions for the use of deception. When we use the verses, they become our absolute. One can not receive the wisdom of God while looking through mans intellect.

Matt 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
(NKJ)

Matt 23:33
33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 04:07 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Though King James commissioned the translation done in his name, his "authorization" is hardly a guarantee of complete accuracy.

So, whose authorization is a guarantee of complete accuracy?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 04:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
I keep telling him the Holy Spirit is a guarantee.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:25 pm
@neologist,
Have you entered the kingdom of God yet?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I wouldn't trust any translation completely without first doing some research.
Read the translator's preface to the KJV and see how it impresses you.
And, I could be wrong, but didn't King James have a thing for suppressing the Pilgrims.
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 06:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I keep telling him the Holy Spirit is a guarantee.
So you are saying the word 'unknown' should be included? Or not?
A straight answer would help.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 07:44 pm
@neologist,
Its so simple. If it is in there God put it there.

Matt 10:29
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
(NKJ)
Its so simple. All God asked you to do is repent and believe in the gospel. But lets face it, your intellect is overriding God. You really should be repenting of your human wisdom.

Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 08:55 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Its so simple. If it is in there God put it there. . .
But the point is the word was not in there until it was added by the translators. And I have been asking you for the last 2 days if you think that is a good reason to examine the source of the scriptures you read. But you continue to squeak away.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:50 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
I wouldn't trust any translation completely without first doing some research.
Read the translator's preface to the KJV and see how it impresses you.
And, I could be wrong, but didn't King James have a thing for suppressing the Pilgrims.

So, the basic texts are inerrant, but the translations are left up to one's research.

I'm not arguing for the guarantee of the King James Version either way, but tying it's guarantee or lack thereof to what King James might have done to the Pilgrims is an association fallacy.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 09:51 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
And I have been asking you for the last 2 days if you think that is a good reason to examine the source of the scriptures you read. But you continue to squeak away.

Pot, meet kettle.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:00 pm
@neologist,
I told you. If God put it in there we need it.
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:04 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you believe God put it there?
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:11 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
. . . So, the basic texts are inerrant, but the translations are left up to one's research. . .
Inasmuch as one is able, I believe that makes sense.

I included thoughts about King James because it appears to methat he exerted influence over the translators. After reading the preface and learning of his demands for religious control, I believe I could be right. Still, it is a very usable translation. I have no problems with folk who prefer to use it. But, when subjects such as unknown tongues arise, I suggest care.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 10:30 pm
@neologist,
Yes. Don't you see it yet. You don't know how to humble yourself to God and His Word. The one thing that stops you from believing God is your human wisdom(carnality). And until you can humble yourself to God as a little child would to their father. You will never come to the truth. A child does NOT question their father. They just believe him.

Mark 10:15
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2015 11:50 pm
@Squeakybro,
You constantly amaze me with your evasiveness.
The translators deliberately added a word that does not appear in any manuscript, thereby violating the command at Revelation 22:18.

No other translation that I know of includes that word; but it's inclusion in the very popular KJV has caused many people to go astray.

And you think this is OK

BTW, I don't question God. I believe God's word. But I winnow out falsehood.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 05:43 am
@neologist,
Your blindness is controlling your carnality. You walk after the flesh and human wisdom. Your intellectual knowledge keeps you from finding the Holy Spirit.
I walk after the Spirit. I'm in the Spirit your in the flesh. That real strong emotion that you feel is an unclean spirit. That spirit is also the one who drives you back to the old testament. That spirit is also the one who drives you into trying to override the new testament with the old testament.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(KJV)

Rom 8:4-8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(KJV)

0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 07:22 am
@Squeakybro,
I understand your point on not wanting to put doubts in readers minds, but diligence is important. If a translater changes a meaning, or adds text and a scripture suggests something that is not true, with I John 5:7-8 being an example of this, it is by definition, a lie. How could that change still be Gods intention if it has become a lie (Numbers 23:19)
Don't get me wrong, Translational errors can be cleared up, but you have to show patience and due diligence to find answers,

A stumbling block is not an insurmountable wall, and I don't believe that God places stumbling blocks between man and his self, Stumbling blocks are something that gets in the way of one attaining salvation, Rather God wants all to come to an accurate knowledge. (1Timothy 2:4) This doesn't exclude the Jews, only those that refused to accept the new covenant through Jesus. They had become stiff necked and focused on their own ideas of Salvation
It is ones own heart that causes one to stumble, an attachment to what they want to be true, or what they are comfortable with, a desire for justification or an alighting of ones conscience, even an exclamation of ones own self importance, which leads them to reject a truth.

Please note, none of what I have said is intended to stumble, rather to encourage more diligence. Don't accept every inspired expression, rather Prayerful study and consideration of scripture, with help through Holy Spirit, allows you to see past any divisive theology that may "appear" to be supported by chosen wording of a particular translation.

How do you spot a counterfeit?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:32 am
@Smileyrius,
You and neologist are ate up with human wisdom. Your carnal knowledge is deceiving you and all those who you talk to. Your first instinct is to doubt what is written. You lead others to doing the same thing.

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

God put many stumbling stones in scripture. If you believe scripture first God will reveal the stumbling stones. If you don't believe what is written first. God will send you strong delusions, and then condemn you.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:10-12
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

We were given rules in believing. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it. The rules were given to us to reveal the devil in us. If you don't follow the rules you will never see the devil in you. In your intellectual reasoning.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:39 am
Both of you need to read the revelations on "Intellectual Idiots". Over and over.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 10:57 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

. . . So, the basic texts are inerrant, but the translations are left up to one's research. . .

Inasmuch as one is able, I believe that makes sense.

Imagine that, God's word lost in translation.

neologist wrote:
I included thoughts about King James because it appears to methat he exerted influence over the translators. After reading the preface and learning of his demands for religious control, I believe I could be right. Still, it is a very usable translation. I have no problems with folk who prefer to use it. But, when subjects such as unknown tongues arise, I suggest care.

Point taken.