Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 11:54 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Gods Word is lost in theology.

To add to the confusion.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 12:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
That is why all the different religions and denominations. And all of them break the rules of believing. Simple rules, don't think beyond what is written. And don't add one thing to the Word or take one thing away from the Word.
You see I know that it can be done Gods way because I done it that way.
Now look at how different I am from all these theologians. They don't have the Word abiding in them, I do. They don't have the revelations of Jesus Christ, I do.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 01:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Simple rules, don't think beyond what is written. And don't add one thing to the Word or take one thing away from the Word.

The problem is, what is written is multiple and often contradictory. Who decides what's been added and/or taken away?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 01:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
Just find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 02:04 pm
@Squeakybro,
Ahh...
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 02:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
That is why people come up with theology. They haven't found the teacher yet.
Theology is spiritual theory, and theory is guessing.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 04:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

That is why people come up with theology. They haven't found the teacher yet.
Theology is spiritual theory, and theory is guessing.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Apparently, the Holy Spirit has taught you, neologist and others various, conflicting things.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 05:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
You can always tell by the language one uses. Spiritual language is done with all verses. Carnal language is done with , well everything else. You should always look for the abundance. Do they speak mostly with verses? Or do they speak mostly with human wisdom? I cant get to spiritual because I loose them in the conversation.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 06:29 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Your first instinct is to doubt what is written

Your assumptions here are incorrect Squeaky, I value every word and expression that I read in scripture, both Hebrew and Greek, so much so that I don't put up with abuse of the text and the twisting of scripture to the benefit or theological spin of a given interpretor. How many times have I shown you where scripture does not support what you have used it for? Should I not check scripture to see if it is really so? Acts 17:11, Should I not test your "divine expressions" 1 John 4
What on earth did you do for 14 years if you didn't study?

I pray for holy spirit, and for understanding, and when I study the scriptures, they make sense, I don't claim divine interpretation or superior knowledge, I am a human being that will make mistakes, but I rest assured in the fact that I make them in good motive and clean conscience.

I find it peculiar that you quote 2 Thessalonians 2 to condemn me for studying scriptural texts in order to not be deceived by translational abuse. A love for truth and scriptural integrity is what drives me. Your objection appears and correct me if I am wrong, to be the degree to which I study, as if to say the harder I search for truth, the more God will deceive me. Read the scripture again. add to that Luke 11:11. You do not appear to understand what was being said here.

I'll share with you a few reasons that I do not buy what your spirit is selling.

On the one hand you speak of "not leaving the simplicity of the Christ" and "not looking beyond what is written" while on the other you claim special understanding of verses, reshuffled by your Spirit to give new meanings that at times, may contradict the old.
On the one hand you quote "don't take away a single verse", and on the other you remove the entire known Hebrew scriptures
On the one hand you claim "do not add anything to scripture" and yet you also claim that God alters the bible through translators, including the spurious addition of 1 John 5: 7-8.
On the one hand you say the Hebrew Scriptures are moot, that you should not look into them, for they are written by thieves and robbers (one of your special understandings), and on the other hand you quote them when it suits you
On the one hand you say that your spirit only quotes the new testament, then you claim you had a revelation based on Jepthah's daughter and the sacrifices of children in worship.

I hate to say it Squeaky, but your left hand and your right appear to have no idea what the other is teaching. I left the list considerably short because I still don't think you are being purposefully deceitful. If you feel that I have misrepresented any of your teachings, please correct them, I can only work from my own flawed perception.

Quote:
God put many stumbling stones in scripture. If you believe scripture first God will reveal the stumbling stones. If you don't believe what is written first. God will send you strong delusions, and then condemn you.

You're paraphrasing here to try to fit this scripture to your purpose. be careful when you do that. Thessalonians 2: 11 speaks of those in the Christian congregation who had no love nor interest in truth or righteousness. I am confused by your application of it.

I repeat my former question. How do you spot a counterfeit?

Quote:
Now look at how different I am

Matthew 23:12
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 07:53 pm
@Smileyrius,
You have claimed but not proven I used scripture wrongly. There is a milk understanding of scripture, and there is a meat understanding of scripture. The new testament overrides all the old testament. But if the old testament doesn't countredict the new testament in can be spoken. I promote the new testament because that is where one finds the Holy Spirit. Once they have found the Holy Spirit He can warn them when they go to the old testament. But because satan can quote old testament I don't support it openly. Now everyone is under the old testament until they come to Christ and He delivers them. He does it with the revelations of Jesus Christ.
You want to test the spirits? Be sure you have tested your own first. Because the Word is a two edged sword.

I Jn 4:1-3

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
(NKJ)

You see you don't know for sure what kind of spirit you are of yet. Not until your born again. Which comes after you have crucified all your emotions and feelings. Your not Christs until you have done this.

Luke 9:55
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

And the way we spot a counterfeit is if they can discern the revelations of Jesus Christ.
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 08:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . .. if the old testament doesn't countredict the new testament in can be spoken. . .
But the Greek scripures do not conflict with the Hebrew. If that were true, 2 Timothy 3:16 could not apply. Our goal is to understand how and why the texts the texts agree. If you are unsble to discern the truth, I suggest your spirit friend is not your friend.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 08:27 pm
@neologist,
Talk about begging the question.
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 08:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Happy to compare errors in logical thinking.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 09:07 pm
@neologist,
But I have showed you over and over when you post old testament that it is wrong. I do it with the new testament.
There is a veil over the old testament. A veil is when you cant see who is behind the veil. Was that God or was that satan?

2 Cor 3:12-16
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 04:54 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Happy to compare errors in logical thinking.

You interpret a line in a Greek book of the Bible and base your conclusion that the Hebrew texts don't contradict the Greek texts on that interpretation and then take your conclusion as a given.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 06:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
The new testament contradicts the old testament in many area's.
The temple
justice
soul
These are just a couple.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:42 pm
@Squeakybro,
Which Old Testament are you referring to?
The entire Hebrew text, or the Mosaic Law?
And how do they differ on something like the temple?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:48 pm
@neologist,
lol You really have a problem with that old testament. Everything before Christ is the old testament. In the old testament a temple was a building or a tent. In the new testament the temple is our body or building.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 09:35 am
In the old testament an eye for an eye was justice. In the new testament justice is "If you forgive those who sin against you, your Father will forgive you". No more eye for an eye.

Matt 12:19-20
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
(NKJ)

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

0 Replies