I need to find a large collection of copyright free images/pics on the internet

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:17 am
Hello all,

Someone from work has asked me and my colleagues to help fill a photo-collection for a mosaic picture of the company logo, since the company has had an anniversary. She wants the collection complete coming Tuesday.

Given that I am rather busy myself right now, and I am not too well versed (or rather, just plain ignorant) about places on the interwebs where I could look around for such images, I hoped that all of you with more knowledge could help me out, so I would be 'able to know'. :-)

If you have good suggestions, please, let me know. I'll browse around and see what I can use then. It's a 10 year anniversary, so funny 10 images would be... well, an asset.

Naj(melliw)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 06:52 am
@najmelliw,
Wikimedia (not wikipedia), but check the licenses. Also check creativecommons.org.
najmelliw

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:31 am
@jespah,
I am looking through Wikimedia, but I'm not sure how the licenses are going to pertain here. I have no intent to break any of them, but in the end, I intend to use them as part of a larger collage (a mosaic) that is going to be printed out and placed on a wall in all likelihood. It seems that I need to attribute the pictures, but how exactly?

I am truly ignorant here, I have to admit :-(

Still, I love the images!

I have looked at creativecommons.org, but when I search for images there, it seems they in turn search other common image sites for it... some sort of image meta search engine?
FosterPARU

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 06:18 am
@najmelliw,
Most of the time I use: freeimages .com they have to biggest collection of free images that I know of. Attribution is not necessary.

But if you really want to have some quality images I always switch to Flickr .com, if you adjust the search filters you can find a pretty huge collection of creative Commons content which you can use for free, but you will have to attribute it.
0 Replies