Taskbar placement: I know this isn't a huge deal, but...

Swimpy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:45 pm
somehow my windows taskbar moved from the bottom of my screen to the lefthand side. I can't get it back where it was. Anybody know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,214 • Replies: 11
No top replies

mikey

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:09 pm
i think i do. put your mouse curser on the border, right click and choose your option. like i said i think........
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:11 pm
That doesn't work for me, Mikey. BTW, I shoulda said I have Windows 2000.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:14 pm
i have 2000 SE. it's happened to me and it was easy once i found out how. let me think a spell.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:22 pm
sozlet does that to me often when I let her goof around on the computer. What I do is click on a grey part of the taskbar -- none of the icons -- and drag it where I want it. It doesn't drag gradually, it shifts over all at once.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:24 pm
Eureka!! It worked! Thanks, Soz. You too, Mikey. That was absolutely driving me nuts! Like somebody moved the furniture in my house.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:25 pm
Swimpy, for every version of Windows prior to WinXP, you should be able to just click an empty of the taskbar & drag it back.

Windows XP users can do the same thing, but they might need to first right-click the taskbar & uncheck 'Lock the Taskbar'.

By the way, mikey, there's no official "Windows 2000 SE". There have been 4 service packs (and numerous hotfixes) for that OS so far, but no true "second edition".
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:26 pm
http://www.css.edu/depts/it/support/documentation/Windows/Windows2000Basics.html#TT

Does the taskbar always have to be at the bottom of the screen? The taskbar can be moved to different areas of the screen by clicking and holding the left mouse button down on a non-button area of the taskbar and moving it to a new location. Let the mouse button up when it is in the correct position. You should see a shaded line while you are moving the mouse that indicates where the taskbar will be located.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:30 pm
monger, i just go by what "they" tell me, whoever "they" are. i'm no expert by any means at all.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:34 pm
No worries.....
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:36 pm
Oh wow, I just realized I missed Sozobe's response & the fact that it already solved the problem. Smile OK, well, good on ya Swimpy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:11 pm
Thanks, Monger.
0 Replies