Does anyone know about this? and can help me?

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:51 am
Hi all....

I am so desperate for help with this.

Has anyone seen this http://bigbr.cc/?u=1526 address? It is hijacking everything of mine, even my email. It closes pages and opens up with this straight away.

I have ran adaware and it doesn't pic it up, have virus scanned and nothing comes up, have used spybot and nothing comes up. Tried to go to a site and download HijackThis but ironically before I can get there, it hijacks it and directs me to the above link....

What can I do...anyone got any suggestions for me please? I am so stressed over this...I don't know much about computers...

Thanks everyone

Nikki
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,509 • Replies: 16
No top replies

smog

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:55 am
I'm afraid to click that link...

Have you tried Google toolbar? It seems to block pop-ups very effectively for me, and it has nifty search functions on top of that. But you might have a virus, and I don't know if Google toolbar can do much for that.

Anyway, here is the link for Google toolbar, if you want to give it a try: http://toolbar.google.com/

I hope that you get the problem fixed, though, and I regret that I couldn't be more helpful.
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:59 am
Thanks for your help, will give that a go...

Thanks Smile
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:08 am
OMG guess what ... I tried to go to that page you told me about and this hijacker thing took over and I cannot get to the page you suggested... oh this is hopeless Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:16 am
[Nikki]- Hang in there. We have some wonderful techies on this forum. They will probably be meandering by before long!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:31 am
smog,

Popup blockers are not the solution for spyware infections. The popupas are the symptom of an infection on the user's computer. The spyware needs to be addressed, not the symptoms.

Nikki,

Please do the steps in this thread: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21110

Let us know if you need help with anything.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:04 pm
You, good Craven, are indeed correct. Now I've learned something new today! Smile

Also, [Nikki], I hope that Craven's suggestions helped you.
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:57 am
Thanks for your advice Craven...although I was working through it all and got to the part where I download Stinger and it happened again...went to download it and I can't get past this damm site that keeps coming up and blocking me doing anything further....

Denze advised me in Pm to download CWShredder and run that in safe mode...will give that a go too...Thanks Denze.

I gotta beat this thing!

N
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:00 am
Well guess what.... nope cannot get to the download because this thing is stopping me again. I get to the page where I can download...but when I click a link to download the program it re-directs me to this one certain page...

Has anybody got any other ideas?

N
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
Try getting hijackthis from here:

http://files.webattack.com/localdl834/HijackThis.exe

Run it and post a log (do not fix anything yet).
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:37 am
Umm tried that ...but goes to that same page Sad

*cries*

I don't know much about computers sorry... but this thing is driving me insane Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:41 am
This is so damm frustrating!

Ummm it seems to not let me go to any exe. programs at all. And its messing with my email, haven't been able to send an email since it happened. But not being able to download a program to fix this problem is the most frustrating thing.... Sad

I have adaware and it doesn't seem to pick it up...I have SPybot and that does not pick it up, I have a virus scanner and that picks nothing up....this is such a sneaky bugger! argh!
0 Replies

jpowell

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:30 am
[Nikki] wrote:
This is so damm frustrating!

Ummm it seems to not let me go to any exe. programs at all. And its messing with my email, haven't been able to send an email since it happened. But not being able to download a program to fix this problem is the most frustrating thing.... Sad

I have adaware and it doesn't seem to pick it up...I have SPybot and that does not pick it up, I have a virus scanner and that picks nothing up....this is such a sneaky bugger! argh!

I have put the file up on my ftp server. From what I gather you can't download it, or can you not run it?

try to get it from here:
http://www.cmc.net/~jpow/stinger.exe

I sent you a PM on how to get the file. My thinking is maybe port 80 is messed up and 21 is OK?

I have not used windows in a long time so is this how you get a File with FTP?

Start --> Run... then type....

ftp hit enter

open ftp.cmc.net hit enter

you should be asked for a username... enter.....

jpow

you should be asked for a password... enter ..... what I send you in a PM..

type....

get stinger.exe hit enter

I'm not sure where the file ends up. Good luck...
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:20 am
Well where do I start...

Denze...your pm with the hosts stuff...did that and it didn't work... I went to continue with the Craven instructions and it would just take me back to that one page which I cannot escape.... thanks for your help

jpowell... I tried the ftp thingy you sent me and well...I did all that you instructed to do and it put the stringer.exe on my desktop. I went to open it and it won't let me open it...said I cannot open it in Dos form or something or other...I tried right clicking it to see if I could open with that way but to no luck...just has the Open option and it opens a Dos box..
thanks for your help

I really don't know what to do... some suggest a format but I so don't know how or what to do there and I beleive its a painful task if you have stuff on your computer you want to keep..

I'm at a loss Sad

N
0 Replies

Rinaldi

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:55 am
I got the same problem, except I downloaded the Opera browser and it doesn't bother me on there. But I still would like to get rid of it. I got this "HijackThis" program and it shows a list of things I can delete, I don't know really how to use program can anyone help? Thanks.

-Rinaldi
0 Replies

Doins

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:50 pm
Why not back your stuff up and just reformat?
0 Replies

Nikki888

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:49 am
Ohhhhh I fixed it!...with help from a friend in msn he sent me the HijackThis exe and I ran that a few times over and cleaned everything up and now it all works perfectly...I can email and I am not flooded with the scumware!...

But I do wish to thank all of you for helping me...

Craven...thank you so very much
smog....thank you
Denze...thank you
jpowell....thank you

& everyone else who did...

I feel so relieved...thanks for your great forum being here when I needed it! I have recommended it to all my friends!

N
0 Replies