Name the Victim/s

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 11:23 am
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b4-1cyberjul17,0,3609041.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed

From The Morning Call

Another charged in Monroe teen sex case

By Bob Laylo
Of The Morning Call

July 17, 2004

Police now say four men separately met a 14-year-old Monroe County girl on the Internet and had sex with her.

The latest arrest in the case came Friday when John R. Donovan, 28, of East Stroudsburg surrendered to authorities at the office of District Justice Debby York in Brodheadsville, where he was arraigned and released on $25,000 unsecured bail.

Trooper Shawn Noonan of state police at Fern Ridge charged Donovan with statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors and indecent assault.

Jason Morgan, 25, of Bartonsville, one of three men previously charged with having sex with the girl, showed up at York's office before the arraignment and was ordered by police to leave.

The girl told police she and Morgan used the Internet to discuss their sexual encounters, and she would take off her top and show herself to Morgan via a Web camera, according to an arrest affidavit.

In Donovan's case, police said he met the girl on the Internet and in January went to her Chestnuthill Township home, where they had sex.

Donovan told Noonan he knew the girl, but denied having sex with her or entering her home, the affidavit says.

Noonan said he expects no more arrests in the case.

The investigation began in January when Morgan, the first man charged in the case, created a commotion at the girl's home because he was jealous she was having sex with others, police said.

Morgan also wrote love notes to her, which the girl provided to police, according to the affidavit.

She also pointed to a used condom in a garbage can in her home, and told police it was from a recent sexual encounter with Morgan, who later admitted it was his, according to the affidavit.

Morgan also admitted having sex with the girl and said they had a ''special kind of love,'' the affidavit says.

After arresting Morgan, Noonan continued his investigation. Earlier this month, he charged Michael L. Losquadro, 25, of Kresgeville, and Thomas S. Kresge, 26, of East Stroudsburg with having sex with the girl.

Kresge and Losquadro are charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. Kresge also is charged with aggravated indecent assault.

Kresge waived a preliminary hearing Friday, and Losquadro postponed his.

Noonan said he's been seeing more cases where young people are meeting adults on the Internet.

''It's definitely becoming more prevalent as computers become more accessible in homes,'' Noonan said.
Copyright © 2004, The Morning Call

This is a complicated situation, but we can parcel out the blame. Let's go.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,605 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 11:45 am
I think that there is some culpability on the part of the parents, and the girl. I think that the majority of the blame lies with the men who became involved with a minor.

The parents should have kept better track of their daughter, and monitored what she is doing on the internet. Any parents with the slightest amount of brain power knows that things like this go on on the internet all the time. I think that they were highly negligent.

The girl is a minor, and although what she did was wrong, I think that her age and immaturity gives her a "pass" this time. I think that the parents need to get her into counselling, quick!

The men are the ones who share the vast majority of the blame, for having sex with a minor. Normal adult men don't do those sorts of things.

As far as the ISP goes, it is not in their purview to play babysitter. The same for the internet. I know only one person who openly committed an immoral act, and proudly stated that he did it, "because I could". If one blames the internet, you could, by the same logic, blame a store that had a dress on a rack that someone stole.

I think that in some places the moral climate sucks, but the proof is in the pudding. What percentage of 14 year olds do you think entice and engage in sex with adult men?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 11:47 am
From The Morning Call

Another charged in Monroe teen sex case

By Bob Laylo
Of The Morning Call

July 17, 2004

Police now say four women separately met a 14-year-old Monroe County boy on the Internet and had sex with him.

The latest arrest in the case came Friday when Johanna R. Donovan, 28, of East Stroudsburg surrendered to authorities at the office of District Justice Debby York in Brodheadsville, where she was arraigned and released on $25,000 unsecured bail.

Trooper Shawn Noonan of state police at Fern Ridge charged Donovan with statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors and indecent assault.

Jennifer Morgan, 25, of Bartonsville, one of three women previously charged with having sex with the boy, showed up at York's office before the arraignment and was ordered by police to leave.

The boy told police he and Morgan used the Internet to discuss their sexual encounters, and he would take off his pants and show himself to Morgan via a Web camera, according to an arrest affidavit.

In Donovan's case, police said she met the boy on the Internet and in January went to his Chestnuthill Township home, where they had sex.

Donovan told Noonan he knew the boy, but denied having sex with him or entering his home, the affidavit says.

Noonan said he expects no more arrests in the case.

The investigation began in January when Morgan, the first woman charged in the case, created a commotion at the boy's home because she was jealous he was having sex with others, police said.

Morgan also wrote love notes to him, which the boy provided to police, according to the affidavit.

He also pointed to a used condom in a garbage can in his home, and told police it was from a recent sexual encounter with Morgan, who later admitted it was hers, according to the affidavit.

Morgan also admitted having sex with the boy and said they had a ''special kind of love,'' the affidavit says.

After arresting Morgan, Noonan continued his investigation. Earlier this month, he charged Michelle L. Losquadro, 25, of Kresgeville, and Theresa S. Kresge, 26, of East Stroudsburg with having sex with the boy.

Kresge and Losquadro are charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. Kresge also is charged with aggravated indecent assault.

Kresge waived a preliminary hearing Friday, and Losquadro postponed hers.

Noonan said he's been seeing more cases where young people are meeting adults on the Internet.

''It's definitely becoming more prevalent as computers become more accessible in homes,'' Noonan said.
Copyright © 2004, The Morning Call

This is a complicated situation, but we can parcel out the blame. Let's go.

Before you vote, check your bias with this alternate report
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 11:50 am
One more "fact" here. The 14-year-old assured all of the men that she was 18-years-old.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 12:10 pm
Quote:
One more "fact" here. The 14-year-old assured all of the men that she was 18-years-old.

Noddy- These are men, not boys. They know full well that people lie on the internet. I still think that they are to blame, but if they were put on trial, I hope that the judge would consider the mitigating circumstances when handing out a sentence.

By the way, did you know that I am 25 years old, 5'9", 110 pounds with long blond hair and blue eyes? I also recently won the state lottery! Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 12:37 pm
Phoenix--

Age does not automatically eliminate naivete. I remember an earlier local Teen Internet Sex case (where the guy crossed state lines). She was fourteen and told her unsophisticated swain that she was 18 years old, working her way through Lehigh University by house sitting and playing pool. The judge remarked that despite the 16 year age difference, that the girl was more worldly than her "seducer".

Yes, Our Heroine is underage and should be protected. Still, since four men are involved--none of whom knew each other before Daddy called the police--she could not be called a completely passive victim.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm
Noddy- No, she is not a passive victim. In my younger years, I knew a number of "Lolitas", who liked nothing better than to seduce older guys. (I think that the girls I knew were 16 though, In my day, 14 was a bit young for this sort of nonsense.)

The fact remains, that the girl is a minor............a wayward minor at that, but still underage, and supposedly under the control of her parents. I think that what she did WAS morally reprehensible, but as I said before, this kid needs treatment, not punishment.

When we were young, we could leave our doors unlocked, and not be afraid that anyone would break in. Times have changed. The proliferation of the internet has allowed these sorts of things to happen. I still maintain that it is the adults are predominantly responsible.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:10 pm
Phoenix--

"
Quote:
Supposedly under the control of her parents...

When you say that Little Miss Mattress should not be punished, I imagine you mean by the law courts. I'm sure that she will regard being submitted to the control of her parents and cruel and unusual punishment.

In any case, maidenheads (and the supposed innocence that accompanies in intact maidenhead) cannot be replaced. The girl and her parents are going to have to move on from this point (and those points down the road when the men have their days in court).

The Internet did not cause this kid to act out sexually. When you and I were young, the Bad Girls were limited to partners from school. They had no way of meeting men who were no within walking distance.

Furthermore, then as now, going All The Way for love is much more respectable than sleeping around. Perhaps this child though she might get a Blue Ribbon and a kiss from Brittany and Madonna, but she knew that she wasn't going to win any honors from Sunday School or Citizenship Class.

Oh, Brave New World.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:20 pm
When I was 22 years old there was a 17 year old at work chasing me HARD for about 6 months. Gorgeous with a body to die for and a history of dating older guys than me so of course I was tempted. However, since I am not a degenerate I told her she'd have to wait for her birthday. That's what men do. (Naturally, the crush wore off before here magic 18, damn it). 25 on 14 a maturity issue? NO. That's a degenerate criminal who deserves an asswhoopin along with his criminal sentence. There is no excuse for that behavior.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 04:39 pm
Quote:
When you say that Little Miss Mattress should not be punished, I imagine you mean by the law courts.

Noddy- Right- That girl needs a good talking to. (I would have said a spanking, but nowadays, she'd probably haul her folks to court for child abuse).

As I said before, IMO she needs some mental health intervention. Any kid of that age who screws around with a bunch of men, has something wrong with her. The parents need to get her help fast, before her destructive behavior escalates. If the kid is totally out of control, the parents might have to take out a PINS petition on her. I wouldn't like to see that, but I don't know what the whole story about her relationship with her parents is.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 04:48 pm
That's scary (that she was lying about her age), it's not always easy to tell visually.

Maybe men should start carding.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 11:39 am
Panzade--

I don't think switching the sexes of the participants is relevant here. Boy or girl, the 14-year-old is making dates in the family home with strangers. Legally, the age difference between the participants calls for a charge of statuatory rape.

Because of the different maturity levels between males and females and the fact that females are more observant (and in many cases more fastidious about sex-with-strangers) that the immaturity of a 14-year-old boy might have been spotted.

Bill, Craven--

I'm guessing that the guys involved are no great shakes at evaluating emotional maturity or the depth of a feminine soul. I think all of them were thinking with their little heads, bedazzled with the possibility of Real Life Sex, Just Like In Playboy (or in something raunchier).

I don't think that the 14-year-old was trying to get them in trouble--I don't think the thought of being found out entered her immature mind. As for consequences....

Personally, I'm less troubled by the multiple sexual partners and the sex at a young age than by the stupidity of inviting strangers of unknown sexual histories to come by for fun and games.

I've come to the conclusion that what is sauce for the gander, may well be sauce for the goose. In today's culture, early and varied sexual experience for males is a plus. Females are still capable of being Ruined for Life--at least as far as reputation goes.

Would a 14-year-old girl experimenting with varied sexual aids all on her lonesome be regarded as "normal"? I think the answers would vary enormously.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
Panzade--

I don't think switching the sexes of the participants is relevant here. Boy or girl, the 14-year-old is making dates in the family home with strangers. Legally, the age difference between the participants calls for a charge of statuatory rape.

Because of the different maturity levels between males and females and the fact that females are more observant (and in many cases more fastidious about sex-with-strangers) that the immaturity of a 14-year-old boy might have been spotted.

Bill, Craven--

I'm guessing that the guys involved are no great shakes at evaluating emotional maturity or the depth of a feminine soul. I think all of them were thinking with their little heads, bedazzled with the possibility of Real Life Sex, Just Like In Playboy (or in something raunchier).

I don't think that the 14-year-old was trying to get them in trouble--I don't think the thought of being found out entered her immature mind. As for consequences....

Personally, I'm less troubled by the multiple sexual partners and the sex at a young age than by the stupidity of inviting strangers of unknown sexual histories to come by for fun and games.

I've come to the conclusion that what is sauce for the gander, may well be sauce for the goose. In today's culture, early and varied sexual experience for males is a plus. Females are still capable of being Ruined for Life--at least as far as reputation goes.

Would a 14-year-old girl experimenting with varied sexual aids all on her lonesome be regarded as "normal"? I think the answers would vary enormously.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 12:37 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I think all of them were thinking with their little heads, bedazzled with the possibility of Real Life Sex, Just Like In Playboy (or in something raunchier).

This provides no excuse for their behavior whatsoever. Its common knowledge that young men place a high value of importance on sexual encounters, but not to the exclusion of other thoughts like the joke goes. Unless they are retarded; these men considered the consequences and chose to take the risk.

Noddy24 wrote:
Females are still capable of being Ruined for Life--at least as far as reputation goes.

Perhaps in the sticks if she never leaves her small town. How many pioneering, experimental types would stay in a small town forever these days?

Noddy24 wrote:

I don't know what the masturbation-norm is for 14 year old girls, but I would be surprised if it wasn't considerable. If a chick fessed up to me that she was very experimental at that age; I certainly wouldn't label her abnormal.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 01:17 pm
Occom Bill--

I can't be sure, but I think these unsophisticated guys also assume that vertical intercourse won't result in pregnancy.

We're talking "rural" here--
neither adventurous men nor adventurous children necessarily have the savvy to organize migration to the bright lights.
0 Replies