entry pages via the forum

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
I just wanted to make sure, each php page on the forum is an entry way for google and will have it's own page rank? Meaning that I can plan different seo for each page to target a different traffic group of visitors, right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 841 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 11:50 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7119
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:33 pm
hint taken
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:39 pm
I just don't know what you mean.

For example, the forums run on few php pages that through variables represent an unlimited (or only limited by the resources available) number of URLs.

URLs with variables are a nebulous issue insofar as page rank is concerned as you can't get Google to display a pagerank sometimes but it's safe to assume that they have some value assigned.

With the forums it's not easy to do different techniques based merely on the variable, so I'm not sure what you mean.

For example, are you talking about viewforum or viewtopic or something else entirely?
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:26 am
my apologies, I meant each php page without the variables that go with it. viewtopic.php would have a pr and so would viewforum.php and index.php, like that. But now I see that each topic has it's own page rank because I've had visitors come through that way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:49 am
Google downgrades the PR for dynamic URLs. You may well have 0 but still be getting visitors. PR is nearly meaningless, and you can get traffic with low or no PR pages sometimes.
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
so what general advice could be offered to making each of the topics more visible to people searching on search engines?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:18 pm
Are you using my SEO mod?
0 Replies