A God That Makes Sense?

dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Déjà vu? I thought we had this conversation before.
I got that feeling too

Quote:
Ok, take 2.
Forgive, Foot, 2 what

Quote:
Kind of silly to have a he /she God debate when you don't believe in is existence, let alone it's sex.
Was I debating

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the rest of the 'developments' to come.
Sorry Foot you'll have to elaborate on that

Quote:
..... backs of turtles..... No points.....
I don't remember commenting about turtles Sorry if I take everything so literally, Foot, but at 84.....

Quote:
......paradox, but you can't dismiss good evidence just because of that. ........ion.
Sure I can

Quote:
........ perfectly willing to accept the latest science when it supports your position but when it contradicts it, you capriciously reject it.
"Capriciously," I like that, Foot

Quote:
....Makes it hard to take your argument seriously.
So sorry Foot. But looking back I'm just not convinced that all the "latest" evidence is so convincing. Remember "Global Cooling"
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:39 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

...especially if you are too dumb to follow up such ideas for yourself .

I am not dumb...and I don't think you are either.

But, like I said, you do like to talk the way dumb people think smart people talk.

I think it is hilarious.

I suspect many others do also.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:39 pm
@Banana Breath,
When i asked if you had read No Exit, it was in response to this rather tortured and silly question:

Banana Breath wrote:
If you believe "everything," that is, the universe, time, light, life, and all that we know and can observe, came into being as a direct outcome of the big bang, where did that singularity come from? How could that single point encapsulate all of a universe, all of time, all of space, and the necessary ingredients for all life within all of time? And that singularity had to exist PRIOR to the big bang in order for the big bang to occur, yet time itself didn't exist, so how could it have been before then? If the singularity comes from a place OUTSIDE of everything we know as time and space, what would you like to call that place? If it comes from a time BEFORE time began, what would you like to call that time?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:41 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
........ "perfectly willing to accept the latest science when it supports your position but when it contradicts it, you capriciously reject it."

"Capriciously," I like that, Foot

OK, that explains everything. Say hello to the Queen of Hearts for me.
fresco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
Alas spoken like one of the surprisingly common A2K respondents with limited reading ability and ignorance of the literature.
Thank you for the dance anyway !
dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Say hello to the Queen of Hearts for me
Okay Foot but can you please provide a link
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:57 pm
@fresco,
My pleasure.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:03 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
"Say hello to the Queen of Hearts for me"

Okay Foot but can you please provide a link

I was being capricious. You said you liked it.
I don't know if they have Internet in Wonderland so no link available.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:47 pm
@Leadfoot,
...can you please provide a link

Quote:
I was being capricious
So was I, Foot
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

The only thing you owe upon being aware of your creator is to acknowledge the fact.

Assuming one would be aware of one's creator. What if one isn't, and can't be, aware of one's creator?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 01:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Assuming one would be aware of one's creator. What if one isn't, and can't be, aware of one's creator?

Easy, you don't have to do anything.

But how do you know you can't?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:46 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
What's this responsibility that you keep harping about?

Our sins alienate us from God.

So what?
neologist wrote:
He set in motion the path to reconciliation. It's not difficult. But it's still our reponnsibility to learn and follow.

That's like the response, "'cause I said so."
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 02:51 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

But how do you know you can't?

You couldn't if your creator made it impossible to be aware of him.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:09 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

You couldn't if your creator made it impossible to be aware of him.

Oh, I didn't say it was impossible. Just that he covered the obvious tracks pretty well. Apparently he insists on awareness of him coming about in a very specific way.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 04:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
What's this responsibility that you keep harping about?
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
So what?
neologist wrote:
He set in motion the path to reconciliation. It's not difficult. But it's still our reponnsibility to learn and follow.
InfraBlue wrote:
That's like the response, "'cause I said so."
You asked what. You did not ask for citations.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 04:52 pm
@neologist,
What I meant is that, according to you, God is saying "'cause I said so." I didn't mean that you are saying it.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 04:58 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
neologist wrote:

I'm kind of surprised you said that. Goes against the flow of most every religion.

Of course denial of reality is the basis of sin so maybe you're right in that sense.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
@neologist,
What I meant is that, according to you, God is saying "'cause I said so." I didn't mean that you are saying it.

Well, rank has its privileges. :-)
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:34 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
When i asked if you had read No Exit, it was in response to this rather tortured and silly question:

Banana Breath wrote:

If you believe "everything," that is, the universe, time, light, life, and all that we know and can observe, came into being as a direct outcome of the big bang, where did that singularity come from? How could that single point encapsulate all of a universe, all of time, all of space, and the necessary ingredients for all life within all of time? And that singularity had to exist PRIOR to the big bang in order for the big bang to occur, yet time itself didn't exist, so how could it have been before then? If the singularity comes from a place OUTSIDE of everything we know as time and space, what would you like to call that place? If it comes from a time BEFORE time began, what would you like to call that time?

I'm not sure if you're having difficulty with the English language, or simple counting, but that's five questions, not one, and if you've jumbled five questions in your mind into a single one, then your own jumbling is likely the source of your "tortured and silly" sensation. Regardless of which, you're not answering the questions so I'll have to presume you're unable to. But the evidence from a scientific point of view points to a paradoxical time before time, and an all-powerful force, from which springs the entire universe, and that singularity does not conform to our notions of space or time; we call it a point or a singularity only because we lack the vocabulary to describe the concept. In point of fact, it has no dimensions, no width, no depth, no height, because spatial dimensions do not yet exist.
Some people would call that "God" while others would call it "the incomprehensibly powerful singularity that erupted into the big bang thus creating the universe." I think the difference between these terms is meaningless.
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:38 pm
@Banana Breath,
Well that was some snotty bullshit. All the questions hinge on the lack of "dimensionality" of a singularity, you rude son of a bitch.

Nothing obliges me to answer your idiot questions, especially when i was merely taking the piss.