Going to Tokyo Game Show 2004

kofeur

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 05:52 am
Hey guys!

I just found this website while looking for info on this coming Tokyo Game Show. It has a TGS tour.

I am planning to go there this year, this seems like it could make it easier for me. It's my first time going there and I don't really speak good japanese after all...

So what do you think of that? Anybody knows them?

Edit: Link removed by Moderator
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,372 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:17 am
I don't know TGS but I have been to Japan a couple of times. Most Japanese people don't speak English very well and an apple will cost you ten dollars. But if you've got the cash go for it. And say hello to my ex-wife while you're there :wink:
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:18 pm
I was in Japan this summer, its a beautiful country in many ways. As Nick pointed out don't rely on english, and it will be an extremely costly trip. I have a lot of Japanese friends, so I didn't have to make any laughable attempts at speaking Japanese with the exception of a few basic words which I said out of politeness.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
Arygato gazaimus = Thank you very much

Konichiwa = Good afternoon but can be used any time.

Gengi desu ka? = How are you.

Sayonara = Good night.

I know more but that will help you get around.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 11:08 pm
Help me!?! I know those and I have already been to Nippon/Nihon I'm advising you to learn useful phrases, and words.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:18 am
I met a guy on the bullet train with a t-shirt eblazoned with, "I Speak English". I asked him a question in English and he gave me a puzzled look. I pointed at his t-shirt and he just said, "no". I guess he wore the t-shirt because it looked cool.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:08 am
Well while I was there a trend of wearing tshirts with english characters, and phrases had developed. They were completely random but apparently a lot of people found them cool. For example some old man had a t shirt with a cows head saying 'are you scared' on the opposite side of the tshirt their was a chickens head which said 'are you a pussy'. I was thinking to myself if only the old man knew what that meant.
0 Replies