BATTLE ROYALE: GEEK MADNESS TOURNEY

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 09:57 am
An evil race of aliens invades Earth, The world is going to extinct, only five people can save the world.

Which group of heroes, that combine strength, leadership, courage, loyalty, wisdom and most of all team work, would you choose for the mission?

Please Consider all the criteria before you choose. And this is how it's goes...

(1) First everyone pick one character (He/she will be the leader)
(2) When we have 20 users who choose a character, we start over. No repeats. Once a character has been chosen (first come/first served), no one else can pick emo. One character at a time per round.
(3) Everyone pick another character for his/her team (Not required in the same order)
(4) When we have 20 users who choose their second character, we start over.
(5) The same process until every user have 5 members for his team.

Rules:
(1) You can't choose real people
(2) You can't choose two characters from the same franchise for your team (so no Frodo & Sam and Batman and superman in the same team).
(3) You can't choose cartoon characters, unless they also appear in a film or TV that is not an animation movie (but not as animated character).

After all have been selected, we can debate who has the strongest, wiliest, most cunning, possibly smartest, and ultimately the best team.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 4,781 • Replies: 76

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 10:37 am
The Doctor.
engineer

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 11:01 am
@jespah,
Yoda
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 12:29 pm
Plastic Man
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 12:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Donald Trump
oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 02:23 pm

Gandalf the White (Olórin)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 02:42 pm
Jon Snow Cool

We discovered there's an iPhone app that says "shame" and rings the bell from Game of Thrones.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 05:18 pm
@jcboy,
I just downloaded the app (at your suggestion). That is hilarious.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 05:56 am
Aragorn, son of Arathorn
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 07:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'll grab Superman for my leader's spot.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:17 am
As we stand now? Here's the current roll call for the first 8 teams and their subsequent team leaders.

TSARSTEPAN:
Superman;

GEORGE:
Aragorn, son of Arathorn, LORD OF THE RINGS;

JCBOY:
Jon Snow, GAME OF THRONES;

ORALLOY:
Gandalf the White (Olórin), LORD OF THE RINGS;

RAGMAN:
Donald Trump. One of the conditions is no real people but an exception will be made here. Donald Trump has to be from an alternative fantasy universe.

EDGARBLYTHE:
Plastic Man

ENGINEER:
Yoda, STAR WARS

JESPAH:
The Doctor, Doctor Who

I say we can move on to the next round.
engineer

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:35 am
@tsarstepan,
OK, my round two is Spock. It's only logical.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:21 am
Daenerys Targaryen
jespah

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:45 am
Benjamin Sisko
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:25 am
@tsarstepan,
By the way, does your Superman vote prohibit you from selecting more DC characters or more comic characters? You said Batman is out. How about Spiderman? Astro Boy?
oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 12:01 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
By the way, does your Superman vote prohibit you from selecting more DC characters or more comic characters? You said Batman is out. How about Spiderman? Astro Boy?

Another question, what about characters from books and/or video games that have not (to my knowledge) made it onto a movie or TV screen?
oralloy

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 12:08 pm

For round two I pick River Song (from Doctor Who).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 12:14 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Batman would be out for me. Because of the upcoming Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice movie. I was just using him as an example. Those others are still open.

It's seems like semantics but ... for example... X-Men and the Avengers are in different studio franchises. That could count. One could pick Hawkeye and Dazzler and not be in conflict.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 12:15 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

engineer wrote:

Another question, what about characters from books and/or video games that have not (to my knowledge) made it onto a movie or TV screen?

At this point? I allowed Plastic Man. As far as I understand? He never was in a live action movie.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I had read about Plastic Man movies. Turns out none were made, only preplanned. Sorry about that.