My Short Story, Which Is Simply Awesome.

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 03:00 am
At the behest of one, possibly two posters, I've decided to write a short story. The ending, I think, is transcendant.

Future

The year was 2019. Mankind had long ago begun to decline as the dominant species on the planet. Dependent on concentrated citric acid in order to survive, modern humans fought bitterly over the dwindling resources of Earth's oranges and rosehips.

One day, in the month of Decoctobrurary, 2019, two android children were skipping through puddles of cyberorganic toxic waste, when they discovered a cave set into the side of a mechanically altered mountain structure.

The two kids, a boy and a girl, paused at the discovery. The boy did some rapid calculations in his silicomesh mindbrain electro-organ. "Let us go inside," he said.

They proceeded through the entrance only to find a fetid pile of rotting flesh.

"It's the remains of the comical, but brilliant, musician Bobby McFerrin!" the boy exclaimed.

The girl concurred. "If it is, then one thing is for certain: The remains of the comical, but brilliant, musician Bobby McFerrin stink to high heaven!"

The boy nodded, and then suddenly shouted out a discovery. "Look, there's something in his mouth!"

The girl approached cautiously, and pulled a yellowed, moist parchment from between the dead man's teeth.

"It's a treasure map!" the girl yelled, excitedly.

"Hot ****!" the boy exclaimed, kicking a rock.

Then it was, like, the future some more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 799 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 07:32 am
ILZ....simply awesome.

I felt like I had a mouthful of pebbles as I read it.

The ending was perfect.

Smile
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:13 am
Joeblow wrote:
ILZ....simply awesome.

I felt like I had a mouthful of pebbles as I read it.

The ending was perfect.

Smile

Hold on. The Pedantry Party is not over yet. I've got more:

Cookies

Sarah opened the door to the oven, and slid the cookie sheet onto the upper rack. Slowly, she reached for the temperature knob, and paused.

She stared at the knob for a few seconds, withdrew her hand, and yelled, "MOM!"

Her mother came running to the kitchen, her bathrobe hanging open, curlers dangling from her unkempt hair. "Yes Sarah, what is it?" she asked.

Sarah frowned sheepishly. "I forgot what temperature to bake chocolate chip cookies at," Sarah said.

"Oh honey," said her mother, "Even jocks know what temperature to bake chocolate chip cookies at."

Sarah's mother laughed and laughed, bathrobe akimbo.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:26 am
I believe we are witnessing the birth of a genius.

Step aside, Albert Camus, there's a new sheriff in town. And his name is Iron something or another.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:32 am
Super Great Day

Ellie Marie McTarnahan opened her curtains with a loud exclamation of joy. The day before had been cold and grey, but today the sun was shining and the first robins of spring had set up a nest outside her window! It was going to be the greatest Easter ever, she just knew it.

She tugged the top of her pajamas down, and raced down the stairs, eyes wide in anticipation for her Easter basket, and the chocolate that would inevitably overfill it. At the bottom of the staircase, her parents stood looking at each other.

"Good morning!" Ellie said, smiling brightly.

"Ellie," her dad said, "Your mother and I are getting a divorce."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:35 am
I think I preferred the first one, it seemed more complete. The second was good, but the last line was a bit too poetic. I would have written it "Sarah's mother laughed and laughed, bathrobe akimbo, coked-up john making coffee in the background."
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 02:52 am
I just remembered that I had posted this here and was overwhelmed by a feeling of utter lameness. These little stories weren't even written by me - I basically plagiarized them.

I guess at the time I thought it would make a nice little joke and it would have seemed lame to write "hey, look at these stories some other guy wrote" because they weren't really anything thread-worthy.

But recently I had some of my work plagiarized and it sucked, which made me think of this thread. At the time I thought it was innocuous (I didn't even think twice) but now I realize how completely lame it is.

So, yeah, just setting the record striaght.
0 Replies