Stories From The Bowling Alley

paulaj

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:28 am
I thought so to!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
I'm getting my stories via my brother the bowling guy. He bowled for 6 years on a team.

One of the players was holding a ball and pretending he was going to throw it at his buddy, the ball slipped out of his hand and hit his buddy in the nose. Blood everywhere. Ouch Ouch ouch, again.

Another team member got so frustrated with his game that he took a ball lobbed it in the air (like a baseball) hit a sprinkler, and set it off. Messy.

We ought to start a thread about sportplayers/anger-management candidates.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:59 am
I think you'll like this.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
My mother used to work in a bowling alley and got free playing time every night so occasionally I'd drop by when I had nothing else going on. Anyway I got a crush on this guy who worked there and I was showing off my moves (I was a crap bowler) one night as he walked behind me - wanted him to check out my a** - and I swung the ball back, lost my grip (my hands were sweaty from excitement), and the ball hit him in the nuts. Needless to say he never asked me for a date (sigh!)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:25 am
Laughing How funny! Maybe it's just the way you tell it, or maybe it's that I'm picturing that emu telling it, but damn, that is funny! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:19 pm
My dad was the national duck pin champ!! Why do so many bowling story include dad?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:27 pm
What the hell is a duck pin?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:45 pm
Duck pin bowling has short fat pins and a smaller bowling ball than 10 pin and with no holes. It sorta between candlepin and 10 pin bowling.

"Call it Bowling Lite. Literally. Duckpin bowling -- invented over a century ago when an adventurous Baltimore alley manager decided to prune down some pins -- is similar to its ancestor, but on a smaller scale. The tiny pins are nine inches high instead of 15. And instead of weighing 10 pounds or more, duckpin balls are a relatively breezy 3 pounds 12 ounces.

The smaller size can make for big-time action. Wrap your hand around a ball, raise your arm, release and -- zoom! -- the little sucker speeds down the lane. A game is played in 10 frames, and you get three tries to knock down all the pins in a frame. You can score up to 300 points, but there has never been a perfect game in the sport's history, according to the Duckpin Bowling Proprietors of America. "

Here is the national website: http://www.ndbc.org/

And if you want to try it - the closest lanes near you kicky (none in New York) is CT - see: http://www.robinsweb.com/duckpin/duckpin-locations.html#Connecticut
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:06 pm
Wow, you learn something new everyday, I guess.
I won't be going to CT to try it, but it sounds like it could be pretty fun. Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:29 pm
Kicky, any idea who heard you?

Heeven that's a riot!

You popped him right in the kaneekies.

Oooo-well what can ya do. Accidents happen.

The cutie you liked may not have asked you out, but I'll bet he didn't forget you!
Gee, bowling seems dangerous, especially for men.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:48 pm
No idea, Paulaj, all I know is what happened as a consequence of my competitive nature. It was pretty funny, actually, when my buddy told me about it. Smile
0 Replies