Can you comment on the grammar and style of this essay?

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:25 pm
The scholarship committee in my college required me two write a very short paragraph to justify my financial grant application. I wonder if this is good enough.

"My father is a minimum wage earner and the only working member of our family. Given our deprived financial standing, my sister and I have relied on various financial grants to support our education. This scholarship is my only opportunity to pursue my studies in this esteemed institution without adding burden to our financial condition. If approved, I will earnestly devote myself to studying history."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 648 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:56 pm
@tamara123454,
Somewhat guesswork, Tam:

The scholarship committee of my college requires me to write a very short paragraph justifying my financial-grant application. I wonder if this is good enough:

"My father is a minimum-wage earner and the only working member of our family. Given our deprivation, my sister and I are hoping to gain various of your financial grants supporting our education, our only opportunity to pursue studies in your esteemed institution without unduly burdening our breadwinner. If our application is approved and if you accept us we will earnestly devote ourselves to most diligent study; in my case, history."
0 Replies