Question about CPS

abbby

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:01 am
I know all states vary in this, but I am looking for a general answer.

How long can it take for Child Protective Services to come out and investigate after a report is made? I know the alleged abuse has to meet criteria for CPS to come out and investigate, but let's say it did meet criteria, how long does CPS have to come out to the home of the alleged abuse? I read it can be immediately or up to 72 hours. However, and this is the main part of my question, could they sit on a report longer than that? Say up to 30, 60 or even 90 days and then come out and do an investigation? Especially if they feel the report that was made is on a lower level of abuse? Can anyone shine some light onto this for me? Thank you so much in advance.

P.S. Did I post this in the right place. I'm a little lost. Sorry if I didn't...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 985 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:47 am
@abbby,
There's really no good way to answer this, in terms of whether the parents have been investigated before, whether the child is showing obvious systems of abuse and/or neglect, or even whether the agency is overwhelmed with cases.
abbby

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 05:15 am
@jespah,
Thanks for answering Jes.

I was just wondering if CPS can investigate a report that was made by a caller, say 30 days from now? Has anyone ever heard of it going that far out? I really need to know this. Thank you.
0 Replies