Do ipods really suck as much as everybody is saying??

Michael S

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:40 pm
Well, if you are not trolling. Make a point (other than calling people fools).

Can you intelligently take a single comment I have made and counter it using arguements and examples?

If not, you ARE a troll.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:43 pm
Hmmmm.

If you can't understand what I've said, then, like I suggested, expand your mind.

Do you really think that anyone who wants to purchase an electronic musical instrument will go out and purchase a Mac as well?

My take on it is the reason they use all those Macs at the conference has more to do with the bimbos they hire to get you into the booth than some inherent audiophile superiority over any other platform.

****, if you want that, go back to tubes and vinyl. That's where the real money is.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:00 am
We all design our products to run on Windows, you have to, there's no escaping that (and Linux too for that matter). I'm sure there were loads of Windows based operating systems, it's just I didn't notice any. I've written drivers for Windows myself, as well as apllications for audio and GUI's, I do know a little of what I'm talking about here.

Please go back and read what I said about the Windows kernal and its drivers. Yes, I admit this is not an issue for consumer products (even the iPod). But I took exception to a comment that everything Apple do is lousy, when it is a fact. Yes, I am sorry you disagree, and please do explain why you think otherwise. That the Mac platform is superior to that of Windows in terms of providing a bug free stable environment for demanding audio tasks.

Also I will agree Windows has improved a great deal and yes they will have a new and even better platform soon (the quote I had offered was from an Engineer at Microsoft themselves, I thought who would want to argue the point when Microsoft openly acknowledge this defficiency)
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 05:27 pm
I just like to say that Ipods are really crappy. Most people stand by their piece of plastic garbage. They may tell you that they are great but they are truly not great at all. As a matter of fact I would say that they are the WORST in portable technology on this planet. But that is just my opinion. If you want to hear more on why the Ipods suck so much please visit my post entitled "Ipods really suck"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 09:07 pm
I don't miss my Sony Walkman much...
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 05:56 pm
yeah, but you can get a mp3 walkman. That costs oh about $350 less then an Ipod!!!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
Don't the Sony's have to use their own software? I much prefer something that appears as a drive and I can drag and drop files onto.

Loved the MuVo as a mini hard disk option - looking at an IRiver as flash memory option (PS - must be rechargeable!)
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:32 pm
yes i agree with you. i also like files were you drag and drop files onto. And yes i do think you need a special program for the walkmans but it comes with the walkman and it is very simple to install and use. But i do agree with you i like the other way better.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:58 pm
I use my pocket pc and also have a 1 gig sd card and it also works well in our sandisk sansa
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 10:10 pm
Yeah - the sansa had some good reviews in my research but it isn't rechargeable.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 10:30 pm
rechargable AAA batteries or just replace them no problem
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 10:50 pm
I'm never sure if you can because the voltage in rechargeables is slightly lower than disposables and sometimes that affects the equipment - but my Sony Walkman (ie cassette tape) never had a problem.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 10:52 pm
I use disposable and my buddy uses rechargable
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 06:23 am
I chose iPod because its the most popular and therefore I felt that if I had any problem with it or any questions, or warantee issues, they could be easily fixed.

For everything I wanted in an MP3 player, iPod had it all. If you don't need all the features, and you want to go with something else, I'm sure it will be fine for you.
0 Replies

Voxphile

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 04:55 pm
Yeah...don't waste money on an iPod. You'll get the same, or probably better quality for cheaper if you buy an mp3 player that doesn't belong to a megacorporation. In addition, this is Apple. When have they ever made a good product? iAnything sucks. iPhone. iPod. iMac. They all suck. They don't provide a higher quality, or a higher amount of space than any other generic MP3 player, the only difference is a crappy warranty and a half-eaten apple.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 05:01 pm
I've now owned two iRivers, a T20 and an S10 (T20 got stolen).

Both way cool, and tiny. T20 is like a usb memory stick and the S10 is only a bit bigger than a postage stamp.

http://www.themp3players.com/wp-content/irivert202.jpghttp://www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/digitalmusic/iriver_s10.jpg
0 Replies

kpmluvsbffs

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 08:36 pm
Yes and no. I had both an mp3 and an ipod. Personally, i couldnt tell the difference. My mp3 was a. slimmer than my ipod, b. easier to use, c. cheaper. Basically with ipod you are paying for the brand name, not the quality. iTunes is terrible by the way. On average it costs .99 a song. Its ridiculous! If you get 100 songs its about $100 just for music and then adding the cost of the $200+ for the device. If you asked me, i'd say go to wallmart or something (Costco, etc.) and by a video mp3. It's much better! First of all, people don't steal it as often. People want ipods for the name. My mp3 was never stolen for that reason. Second, Apple sucks! I just got an ipod nano because the iTouch was so expensive. My nano broke! It won't charge, reset, or even turn on (i tried taking it off hold and everything) I went on apple's support site. It was NO help at all! Thirdly, the apple store by my house is terrible! The people were unhelpful, pushy, and absolutely useless! Do yourself a favor and get an mp3! If you want a device that is hard to use, expensive, breakable, and useless get the iPod. Otherwise, get a samsung mp3 or another brand.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:13 am
unless you get iPod touch - which has series of extra applications and wireless internet. i never had problems with mine and love it. wouldn't exhchange it at the moment for another player.
0 Replies