Do ipods really suck as much as everybody is saying??

nappy69

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:04 pm
My friend baught himself an ipod and he didn't like that you need to pay and be a member of apple ipod inorder to download music on your player. is this true or is he somhow mistaken?? I was going to buy myself an ipod but he kind of talked me out of it. If this is true what brand of mp3 players would be most easy to use and operate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 15,062 • Replies: 57
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:26 pm
No, they're good people. This war has tricked too many people into believing that we are at war with Ipods when we are only at war with the COUNTRY of Ipod.

There's a big difference, in my opinion. They don't have any control over where they were born.

I hope that answers your question.
0 Replies

nappy69

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:31 pm
go jump off a clif!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:41 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

JackW03

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:58 pm
I sold mine after about a week. I'm thinking about buying either a iriver or neuros now. People are too fanatical about ipods and that really turns me off from carrying one around.
0 Replies

jimmyflood

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:01 am
Ipod r awsome
I have an Ipod and I love it. you may get just as much out of something less expensive, I don't know. All I do know is all MP3 players are compared against the Ipod. As far as having to use Itunes, that is some what wrong. The program Itunes works well as far as synchronizing with the ipod, but I have 4000 songs on mine, some I own the cd some I downloaded, but none came from the Itunes download store. I am also running windows not a mac.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:20 am
yup, i have windows, and an ipod, and i love it absolutely. i would not go for any other mp3 player at this point. from what i compared when i shopped around - and i wasn't looking at buying ipod initially, i just wanted a whatever mp3 player - ipod came out as the best deal for the money. it plays all downloaded music, i don't have to use itunes for that. then again, i like itunes, it is a good program.
0 Replies

hobbitsis

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:23 am
i want to buy an i-pod caz my friend has one. he lent it to me for one class and i fell in love with it. i couldnt even listen to all of the songs. that is completly incomparable to a stupid mp3 player !!!!
0 Replies

SydneyPerson2005

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 08:29 pm
Re: Do ipods really suck as much as everybody is saying??
nappy69 wrote:
My friend baught himself an ipod and he didn't like that you need to pay and be a member of apple ipod inorder to download music on your player. is this true or is he somhow mistaken?? I was going to buy myself an ipod but he kind of talked me out of it. If this is true what brand of mp3 players would be most easy to use and operate?

I have an I-pod you don't have to register squat with apple to use your ipod you don't even need an internet connection it comes with i tunes on the provided cd. all itunes does is connect to your ipod and upload all the songs on to it its that simple plus the ipod is one of the slimmest and smallest mp3 player that offers upwards of 20gb storage. most Mp3 players are only 512mb max for about AU$200+ apple ipods have 20gb models for AU$500 20 gb = 20 000mb thats a great amount of storage space for songs per $ it is great value go ahead and waste your money but all the bad rumors you heard are not true except for the battery problem. The battery like all rechargeable batteries eventually dies and needs to be replaced and apple offer a replacement program, for AU$50 you get a new battery and free installation into the ipod so that really isn't that big a problem anyway good luck making your choice
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:45 am
HEATHENS !!!
HERETICS !!!!

WORSHIP THE iPOD !!!!!

Or die.
Horribly.
In Hell.
With a spike up your bottom.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:45 am
I've got two of them and I think I'd like another one.
0 Replies

phoenixdown

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:06 pm
I've got one and have no problems with it. I've also downloaded some cd's on iTunes, and they downloaded fine. iTunes has some CD's that are near impossible to find in stores.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:20 pm
only caution i have about ipod is, it needs usb2.0 on windows or the latest firewire on mac. my wintel laptop had usb1.x, so i had to get a cardbus usb adapter. ipod itself is fab, although accessories are over-priced.
0 Replies

ceme87

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:04 pm
hey
well the thing is that when u buy it u can get a memeber ship for like 50 dollars liek a warrenty but he thing that really sux about ipods is that the battery dies out in 12 to 18 months then u gotta buy another one or 150 but if u got he warrenty its free.
i got a dell media juke box and i love it. the battery doesnt die adn its easy to use
0 Replies

Lobotomiesforall

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:04 pm
iPods are....
I bought my iPod, because I thought it was going to be the easiest to use and operate. But it ended up being a huge hassle. On the first iPod I got the battery meter wasn't accurate so I could never tell when it was going to die, and the battery life was far from 12 hours. I ended up getting 3 hours max. I went back and returned it, got another one, and had the same problem, and had to go back and return it. My third one still does not hold a charge as it should but I was so exasperated with going back to the store, and having to demand that they give me a new one that I just decided to keep it. Now it sits in my room unused, because having to charge it for four hours to get three hours of play is not worth the benefits of an iPod, I just stick with my CD player. If you do buy one i suggest that you get it at best buy, and that you buy a two year protection plan on it. Then if it stops working in those two years you can just show up at the Best buy and they will replace it right then and there and you don't have to go through Apple( I think that includes if the battery stops working too).
0 Replies

Lena U Me Understand

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:10 pm
Re: Ipod r awsome
jimmyflood wrote:
I have an Ipod and I love it. you may get just as much out of something less expensive, I don't know. All I do know is all MP3 players are compared against the Ipod. As far as having to use Itunes, that is some what wrong. The program Itunes works well as far as synchronizing with the ipod, but I have 4000 songs on mine, some I own the cd some I downloaded, but none came from the Itunes download store. I am also running windows not a mac.

I've been told that you have to pay for every song you want to get on your iPod and that put me off, but you are saying that you can actually transfer music from your own CD's and other sources - is that true?If yes I'm am sooo getting one - iPods are really cool I agree with you plus I think people would really think more of you when they see with an iPod rather than a ordinary Sony/Phillips.
So would you definetly recommend one?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:20 pm
Yes you can transfer songs from your own cds onto your ipod.

You can use itunes to import them onto your computer. Once they are there, all you have to do is plug in your ipod and it transfers all your music over automatically. Easy as that.
0 Replies

Lena U Me Understand

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
Thnx, that was very helpfull, by the way is there a really good MP3 player you would peronally recommend (exept for an iPod)?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:43 pm
There are other mp3 players other than an ipod??? :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:39 am
If you don't need the iPod's form factor or if you are irritated by iPod's proprietary and restrictive format support you can always use a creative mp3 player.

I use an iPaq Pocket PC with a 4 GB flash card and bluetooth headphones for most of my music, I also have an iPod shuffle that I use for some sports.

It all depends on what you need it for.
0 Replies