Can my wife restrict my access to her Timeline.

JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:26 am
@jespah,
I think that would make splendid subject for a thesis. G for it! Lol

Your comments about private settings would make sense if she is trying to clean up her FB which is, or was, full of dross. It might be more in keeping if i asked her if she was fiddling with someone rather than something! That would get me totally blocked for sure though. When you mention notifications, are you referring to emails. I still get those.

Going back to your thesis. I find any odd number interesting. Arranging things for display is always visibly more successful than with even numbers. For me that is. Ty it with a plate of food for example! Also music written with three or even five beats to a bar seems more attractive as the movement flows. better. Just food for thought jespah!!

Than you again for your help. I am certainly much wiser about FB now.

0 Replies

JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:48 am
@jespah,
I think that is a splendid subject for your thesis, go for it Lol!

It maybe that she has tried to clean out her FB. It is, or was always full of dross with loads of 'friends' coming out of the woodwork. Re notifications. Do you mean being notified by email? I do still get those. I shall not be discussing much with my wife for the time being after a few comments she made when i questioned her on this issue!

Going back to your thesis which is much more interest than FB. I have always found odd numbers more attractive, for want of a better word, than even ones. It looks nicer to arrange a plate of food that way. Also in music you will find that it flows better with three or five beats to a bar. Then there is nine!
Sorry if i am prattling on. Just a bit of food for thought jespah!!

Thank you again for your help. I am so much wiser about FB book now.

JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:53 am
@jespah,
Having terrible trouble posting on here so will try again tomorrow.
0 Replies

JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:54 am
@ehBeth,
I can't get my posts to register. Will try again tomorrow
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:30 am
@JonHig,
I think you hit a site hiccup. No worries.

It might not be a broad enough topic for a thesis. Plus a lot of it's speculation. Hmm.

Your email notifications in other areas of FB would not be affected by this.

I am getting the feeling that the account is either set to private or a restriction was placed on postings, where they're going out to everyone but a small # of people, including you. Possibly both.

FB settings are numerous and so it can be hard to get a handle on what a user has done.

Truth is, though, reading between the lines here, I suspect it's more of a relationships issue. See, I know what my husband's settings are on FB or at least I have a good idea, as his account is open and visible and he's easy to tag, I see what he does, etc. We are both friends with people from our past and nobody bats an eye.

But if your wife's FB talking, posting, etc. with someone else is of concern to you, then you'll need to talk to her. That goes beyond online settings, and into what's going on with your marriage.
JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 04:50 pm
@jespah,
Exactly jespah you are right. Anyway thanks and best wishes for your thesis. I am absolutely sure that getting your MA will never be in doubt! Regards. JH
0 Replies

JonHig

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 09:01 pm
@jespah,
Hi jespah. A quick PS please. I no longer get any notifications of her posts by email, neither am i getting a sound notification on my tablet. So she must have changed her settings to exclude me yes? If so, it is approaching an act of war !! lol
jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 06:13 am
@JonHig,
She probably has excluded you deliberately. But again, I would suggest communications. Lay your cards on the table.

E. g.

I think you're blocking me.

She denies it.

Okay, then let's fix your settings together.

And see what happens.

Not angry, not judgmental. It gives her face-saving wiggle room, too.

You'll see where the chips fall.
JonHig

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 04:33 pm
@jespah,
Notifications are back! Half way back to normal. I will leave it at that for the time being. I can put 'financial pressure' on her later. She is a Filipina so i ought to know what to expect by now!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 04:38 pm
@JonHig,
That's interesting. I'm the only one who can control what notifications I get by email or what the sounds on my tablet are.

Are you sure you haven't changed your settings?
JonHig

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:26 am
@ehBeth,
Nope..not at all. I mean yes i am sure!
JonHig

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 03:45 am
@JonHig,
Should i still be able to upload photos from my comp into her Facebook while i am still in her 'Private setting? I can't find the 'Photo' link. Thanks.
JonHig

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 05:12 am
@JonHig,
I think the answer is obvious as the required box is on my Timeline but has been taken off hers. Strong words have been sent and her Embassy closed Lol. Actually it isn't funny at all. I think this is a good time to bring this thread to a close. Thank you all for the wonderful help you have given me. God bless and take care.
jespah

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 07:02 am
@JonHig,
Best of luck to you.
0 Replies