A room with...

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:04 pm
A man is stuck in a room with four concrete walls, a concrete floor, a concrete ceiling, an unbreakable door which predictably is locked, and no windows. He has nothing with him. How does he get out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 13
No top replies

kev

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:11 pm
when his sentence is up he is released?
0 Replies

padfoot4eva0302

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:46 pm
No, he isn't in jail. Some visiting martians disintigrated him, and rebuilt him inside.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:26 pm
The key is in the lock.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 04:23 pm
If you predict that a door is locked it never truly will be. You'll end up sitting around for about half an hour until someone smart enough to actually try the handle finds out it was open all along.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:01 pm
Re: A room with...
padfoot_4_eva_0302 wrote:
A man is stuck in a room with four concrete walls, a concrete floor, a concrete ceiling, an unbreakable door which predictably is locked, and no windows. He has nothing with him. How does he get out?

You say it has "no windows" he climbs out of the hole where the window should be.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:10 pm
Perhaps the room is pentagon-shaped, thus missing a wall.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:19 pm
Our answers don't work so far, because of his wording. It says he is "stuck" in the room. If the windows or a wall were missing then you could not possibly say he was stuck. If he is in fact "stuck" then only someone outside of the room could take him out. The answer is probably that the aliens who zapped him there take him out every once in a while for examination or feeding.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:20 pm
heh, I was just planning to mention that possibility Wink
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:20 pm
Nothing could get out of that room. So ask nothing to unlock the door once he gets out.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:34 pm
I believe we can safely conclude there is no possible way he can escape. The wording is airtight... wait a minute! I figured it out. He'll suffocate. He can safely leave the room once he is a ghost.
0 Replies

kathyd

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 07:50 pm
a room with
the door is locked, but from the inside... correct?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 07:54 pm
Maybe "unbreakable door" is a psychological term. The problem is he's afraid of going outside. And it's a very real problem.
0 Replies

padfoot4eva0302

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 01:08 pm
A big conratulations to kev;

There are no windows - so he climbs out of the hole where the windows should be! Well done everyone, though. They were all ood guesses
0 Replies