Early Michael Caine as a Cold-Blooded Killer

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:29 pm
Possibly a 1970s movie, and it is not GET CARTER. Far as memory serves, Killer Caine invaded perhaps a countryside house, and deliberately led the young female inhabitant into believing she would be all right. The fact that he would indulge in murder (by probably shooting her) with no remorse came as a bit shocking, and certainly disturbing. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 790 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 05:29 am
@Maximixed,

did you check his IMDB page?
Maximixed

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 12:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Hi, Region Philbis - and thanks for making an attempt. I certainly did check out Mr. Caine's IMDb page, at least when I first pondered this question. Days ago I watched GET CARTER with one aim being to clear up whether my best guess was indeed the mystery movie. When GET CARTER turned out to be a bust, I thought I would throw my inquiry out there. Yet your response made me check out the IMDb page anew, and nothing jumped out with certainty... although maybe DEADFALL? (Reading its "User Reviews" didn't corroborate this scene... sometimes we get lucky, with a commenter making notes on specific happenings.)

We've all seen cases of when a questioner relates a particular scene in a "Whazzat Movie?" forum as this one, and it can be uncanny how a whiz can pin the movie down. Something tells me that's not going to be the case with this one.

Anyone have an idea, please do not be shy. Thank queue.
Maximixed

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 12:55 pm
@Maximixed,
Having caught the first ten minutes on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NFAWuFEAI, I am now pessimistic about DEADFALL - where Caine plays a cat burglar. We are looking for one where he is a ruthless murderer... which is why GET CARTER was a strong candidate.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 01:34 pm
Go through his early IMDb...film by film. All will be there. Every film he's ever been in. It's just a matter of finding it yourself.
Maximixed

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 03:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks, Frank Alpha... but the whole idea for posing a question at a forum like this is to receive assistance from people who know their movies. If you're suggesting the only way to get to the bottom of this mystery is to seek out and view every single early Michael Caine movie that may be a possibility... well, you could be right, but can you imagine doing that yourself? The process would be extremely time-consuming, perhaps even impossible. I'm not losing hope that there will be an expert with a eureka moment.

I suppose "It's just a matter of finding it yourself" could apply to practically every other questioner here, in which case there would be no need to have this forum!
0 Replies

jenniesmith011

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:03 am
The process would be extremely time-consuming, perhaps even impossible. I'm not losing hope that there will be an expert with a eureka moment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:11 am
I guess he didn't like my idea...or Region's.

Read through the list...and one may jog your memory.

Caine wasn't young forever...so there are a limited number of films to consider.

Or...hope someone else will do your research for you.
0 Replies

Toobytherene

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 04:58 am
@Maximixed,
dressed to kill?
0 Replies