On-Line Traffic

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 01:58 am
Hi there

I am dealing in Web development. I register a lot of sites in a day but fed up by filling the same information every time, registering my site on all the search engines. Please help me out with some suggestions, which can reduce the onus and this monotonous work without reducing the traffic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 747 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 11:50 pm
There are usually only a handful of submissions that are worthwhile.

Maybe the effort itself is wasted time?

Unless you are getting into a bunch of niche directories it's a waste.

If you are doing submissions to search engines it is usually a complete waste of time (except for Gigablast).
0 Replies

x-rusty

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 03:06 pm
The only ones that you should go to are:

dmoz/google
yahoo
msn
altavista
and addme.com

they're prettty much the best ones
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 04:54 pm
x-rusty wrote:
The only ones that you should go to are:

dmoz/google
yahoo
msn
altavista
and addme.com

they're prettty much the best ones

Actually..

Submitting to Google is practically worthless, they won't index unless their criteria is met anyway and the criteria is not whether or not you have submitted.

Dmoz is by far the most important place to submit for most sites.

MSN doesn't have it's own search engine and is currently running a bad version of Yahoo's inkitomi.

Their next search engine is very busy spidering without being submitted to, so again it will find the sites it will spider.

Altavista is the same thing as Yahoo, exact same index and so if alltheweb so if someone suggests that it's another redundancy.

Submitting to Yahoo is about the same as submitting to Google unless you mean their directory or their PFI programs both of which are usually not worth paying money for so the directory is useful if you get in free but otherwise avoid the paid inclusion unless you know it's worthwhile.

Missing from this is a big directory to submit to which is the looksmart one through zeal.
0 Replies