i guess that's a no....
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:27 am
ive seen it and thought it was excellent
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
The best of the series so far. A little dark for small children though.
0 Replies

corgilover44

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:48 pm
the movie loosely based on HP and the PoA
Don't even get me started on this movie. I am a loyal HP fan and have tolerated Sorcerer's stone and Chamber of Secrets, but Prisoner of Azkaban has sent me over the edge. At least in the first two movies they ATTEMPTED to keep on the story lines. This one took a detour early on.

I can compromise on some issues. I like the new set and the jokes they integrated in, but they changed the story line so much that its nothing like the book.

My rating: F-
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 05:04 pm
Yeah, the book is a lot better.

I thought that it could get confusing for some people, and they didn't explain the thing about Harry's dad and stuff. I give it a C+, but it seemed better than the first two films, I mean the scenery and stuff.
0 Replies

corgilover44

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:13 pm
I think the scenery was nice, but it was a little TOO realistic for my tastes. Hogwarts is this magical, mystical place for me and i dont want it to become a place where i could actually go.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 06:47 pm
I can't compare it to the book, never read any of the HP books...
but I think it was decent, I'd give it a B as a movie all by itself.
0 Replies

jaypeedee

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 04:07 pm
Re: the movie loosely based on HP and the PoA
corgilover44 wrote:
Don't even get me started on this movie. I am a loyal HP fan and have tolerated Sorcerer's stone and Chamber of Secrets, but Prisoner of Azkaban has sent me over the edge. At least in the first two movies they ATTEMPTED to keep on the story lines. This one took a detour early on.

I can compromise on some issues. I like the new set and the jokes they integrated in, but they changed the story line so much that its nothing like the book.

My rating: F-

but j.k. rowling gave the director, alfonso cuaron, her blessing. she told him to keep it in the same spirit as the original, without having to keep all the details the same. she only changed things that she thought were out of character, or things that would have contradicted something in one of the other books (even the unpublished ones). she understood that a movie adaptation is just that, an adaptation, not a slavish copy.

i thought that azkaban was the best of the three movies because it showed some imagination and creativity. in reimagining the story, cuaron breathed new life into it. it wasn't a rote copy. why would you need that when you already have the book?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:45 am
i have enjoyed all three movies. found PoA to be darker than the rest, but i liked it. i think the creatures were done extremely well. and i never expect them to live up to the books because the movie would be 8 hours long.

looking forward to the next one, goblet of fire. can't wait to see them with the dragons, the first task.
0 Replies

neccomp

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:33 pm
I am definitely with corgilover. I was extremely disappointed after I left that theater. The story line was off, the setting was different then the first two movies, their clothing was, well, not "hogwarts like", and they left out a lot of my favorite parts in the book.
0 Replies

wendycarter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:59 am
I have done the chapter 6 so far,and it is great,love it!
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:04 pm
neccomp wrote:
I am definitely with corgilover. I was extremely disappointed after I left that theater. The story line was off, the setting was different then the first two movies, their clothing was, well, not "hogwarts like", and they left out a lot of my favorite parts in the book.

I agree they definitely left out a lot from the book, and I was hoping they would make an extended edition like they did for the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for ABC to come out with the version with all the cut scenes put back in. Smile

I hope Goblet of Fire is more accurate to the book. I'll gladly sit down for 5 hours and watch it. Wink
0 Replies