Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 03:39 am
http://www.canadaka.net/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/funnypics/military/423950_101001388.jpg

Ah, rivalry ! It brings out the best in us . Very Happy
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 04:04 am
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/63/8c/cf/638ccff978b16b8959bbcfb07eb30ca3.jpg
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 04:08 am
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a8/b1/4f/a8b14f51c97f2f0631b1e754d972edbc.jpg
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 04:10 am
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a3/db/52/a3db52f62a558d6cf05e00ec71ebbe9d.jpg
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 04:24 am
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/203562/developers-south-korea-under-fire-over-building-resembing-9-11-twin-towers-collapse.jpg?w=720
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:31 am
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/images/gurkhas.jpg

At the height of the Cold War, the Gurkhas were moved into the Border Patrol of Hong Kong to replace British troops who were getting their throats cut by elite Chinese special forces swimming across the river . When the Gurkhas took over, the Chinese started complaining about their troops getting killed whilst it was the British turn to pretend to not know what was going on .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:33 am
Rules of dating a Drill Instructors daughter

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. On issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:17 am
http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11393116_946701305381506_7959082689481685230_n.jpg?oh=fbc5498e64f3f8c91f989ba21e7442eb&oe=55ED79F1&__gda__=1441248170_8a76ba6492fe18cd81fa44153561ff71
60 tonne tank, I would like you to meet 0.5 tonne car .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:40 am
@Ionus,
Either 9.00 am on a Monday morning was too early for that girl or she didn't know what "Tank Ring Street" means. (Panzerringstrasse is that street's name in German.) Or it was just a L-driver mistake.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walt . I take it you know the story from your news service ? I hope the girl was all right ? The LH of the vehicle doesn't look to bad, but the circumstances....
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:47 am
@Ionus,
It's just a couple of kilometres away from where I live. She's been unhurt. Car totally damaged. (The RMP didn't report about damages on the tank.)

A couple of weeks earlier, 25 km south of above place:
http://i60.tinypic.com/98hrx3.jpg
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 09:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The RMP didn't report about damages on the tank.
Very Happy

This isnt a regular thing, is it ? Here we have had a rash of vehicles going off the road into houses and pedestrians with very sad results .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 10:00 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
This isnt a regular thing, is it ?
The one hitting the wall was from the garrison's military driving school. Such accidents don't happen regularly.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:21 am
http://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11412245_787609748013794_4764472885310747126_n.jpg?oh=581f6a645d3240832d7f57ec5ea31b7d&oe=56017107&__gda__=1442978958_10cae78f1bf09202f48c5eb8d4069ae6
Travel Arrangements, WW2
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:24 am
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f6971d504a6d894cb7944de3d383c26c5c6bb869/c=0-0-533-401&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/06/02/GGM/ArmyTimes/635688636675386244-635640879377863894-ARM-iraq-deployment-2015-1-.jpg
Travel Arrangements, Iraq 2015
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:37 am
http://www.alternativefinland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-P1013-316_Westfront_deutscher_Panzer_in_Roye.jpg
Travel Arrangements, WW1
0 Replies

JohnFromPisbo

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:46 pm
Those soldiers sure are scamps, aren't they?

Report Reveals $8.5 TRILLION Missing From Pentagon Budget (VIDEO)
Published On November 26, 2013 | By james |

Yahoo Money’ The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion – that’s trillion with a “T” – in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

You read that right. While Republican politicians rush to slash food stamps for the 47 million Americans living in poverty – the highest amount in nearly two decades – Republican U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has the audacity to complain that $20 billion dollars in automatic sequester cuts to the massive and secretive $565.8 billion Defense Department budget are “too steep, too deep, and too abrupt,” all while the Pentagon and the Defense Department are overseeing massive fraud, waste, and abuse.

For anyone wondering, Reuters reports that the D.O.D.’s 2012 budget totaled $565.8 billion, more than the annual defense budgets of the 10 next largest military spenders combined, including Russia and China.

In an interview, Linda Woodford, an employee at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service – the Pentagon’s main accounting agency – reveals to Reuters that she spent the last 15 years of her career simply “plugging in” false numbers every month to balance the books;

“A lot of times there were issues of numbers being inaccurate. We didn’t have the detail … for a lot of it.”

In the REAL WORLD, that would be called MASSIVE FRAUD.

Woodford’s involvement in the fraud doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. The report also reveals that “a single DFAS office in Columbus, Ohio, made at least $1.59 trillion – yes, trillion – in errors, including $538 billion in plugs, in financial reports for the Air Force in 2009.”

Yahoo Finance lists some additional findings, including;

The DOD has amassed a backlog of more than $500 billion in unaudited contracts with outside vendors. How much of that money paid for actual goods and services delivered isn’t known.
Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.
The Pentagon uses a standard operating procedure to enter false numbers, or “plugs,” to cover lost or missing information in their accounting in order to submit a balanced budget to the Treasury. In 2012, the Pentagon reported $9.22 billion in these reconciling amounts. That was up from $7.41 billion the year before.

Watch via The Daily Ticker

You can also help support us by sharing our stories on social media using the icons below!
facebook.com/TheEverlastingGOPStoppers twitter.com/theGOPstoppers

About Latest Posts

Find TEGOPS:
james
Founder | Chief Editor at The Everlasting GOP Stoppers
Like what we do? Make a secure donation! You can also help support us by sharing our stories on social media using the icons below
0 Replies

JohnFromPisbo

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
From here?

Report Reveals $8.5 TRILLION Missing From Pentagon Budget (VIDEO)
Published On November 26, 2013 | By james |

Yahoo Money’ The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion – that’s trillion with a “T” – in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

You read that right. While Republican politicians rush to slash food stamps for the 47 million Americans living in poverty – the highest amount in nearly two decades – Republican U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has the audacity to complain that $20 billion dollars in automatic sequester cuts to the massive and secretive $565.8 billion Defense Department budget are “too steep, too deep, and too abrupt,” all while the Pentagon and the Defense Department are overseeing massive fraud, waste, and abuse.

For anyone wondering, Reuters reports that the D.O.D.’s 2012 budget totaled $565.8 billion, more than the annual defense budgets of the 10 next largest military spenders combined, including Russia and China.

In an interview, Linda Woodford, an employee at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service – the Pentagon’s main accounting agency – reveals to Reuters that she spent the last 15 years of her career simply “plugging in” false numbers every month to balance the books;

“A lot of times there were issues of numbers being inaccurate. We didn’t have the detail … for a lot of it.”

In the REAL WORLD, that would be called MASSIVE FRAUD.

Woodford’s involvement in the fraud doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. The report also reveals that “a single DFAS office in Columbus, Ohio, made at least $1.59 trillion – yes, trillion – in errors, including $538 billion in plugs, in financial reports for the Air Force in 2009.”

Yahoo Finance lists some additional findings, including;

The DOD has amassed a backlog of more than $500 billion in unaudited contracts with outside vendors. How much of that money paid for actual goods and services delivered isn’t known.
Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.
The Pentagon uses a standard operating procedure to enter false numbers, or “plugs,” to cover lost or missing information in their accounting in order to submit a balanced budget to the Treasury. In 2012, the Pentagon reported $9.22 billion in these reconciling amounts. That was up from $7.41 billion the year before.

Watch via The Daily Ticker

You can also help support us by sharing our stories on social media using the icons below!
facebook.com/TheEverlastingGOPStoppers twitter.com/theGOPstoppers

About Latest Posts

Find TEGOPS:
james
Founder | Chief Editor at The Everlasting GOP Stoppers
Like what we do? Make a secure donation! You can also help support us by sharing our stories on social media using the icons below
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:33 pm
http://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/11423899_832921876778735_3530851884524147245_o.jpg

Depending on your country's homeland 'force protection' level for it's current serving members, you may have already been advised to remove any military affiliation stickers, like the branch of service, or veteran based stickers from your vehicles for your own personal safety.

Sure, the threat is real from an ISIS lone wolf attack, but there is no way in HELL, that I am going to let yet another fear based threat stop me from expressing my pride as an Iraq Veteran.

Just let them bloody well try!

Many of us are former serving, or retired, and when backed into a corner, our bite is worse than our bark.

Anyways, we'd like to see your own military affiliation stickers on your vehicle, just no license plate numbers.

~ RN
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 04:54 am
Comparison of military operational tactics (Snake model)

Infantry:
Snake smells them, leaves area.

Airborne:
Lands on and kills the snake.

Armor:
Runs over snake, laughs, and looks for more snakes.

Aviation:
Has GPS coordinates to snake. Can't find snake. Returns to base for refuel, crew rest and manicure.

Ranger:
Plays with snake, then eats it.

Field Artillery:
Kills snake with massive Time On Target barrage with three Forward Artillery Brigades in support. Kills several hundred civilians as unavoidable collateral damage. Mission is considered a success and all participants (i.e., cooks, mechanics and clerks) are awarded Silver Stars.

Special Forces:
Makes contact with snake, ignores all State Department directives and Theater Commander Rules of Engagement by building rapport with snake and winning its heart and mind. Trains it to kill other snakes. Files enormous travel settlement upon return.

Combat Engineer:
Studies snake. Prepares in-depth doctrinal thesis in obscure 5 series Field Manual about how to defeat snake using counter mobility assets. Complains that maneuver forces don't understand how to properly conduct doctrinal counter-snake ops.

Navy SEAL:
Expends all ammunition and calls for naval gunfire support in failed attempt to kill snake. Snake bites SEAL and retreats to safety. Hollywood makes fantasy film in which SEALS kill Muslim extremist snakes.

Navy:
Fires off 50 cruise missiles from various types of ships, kills snake and makes presentation to Senate Appropriations Committee on how Naval forces are the most cost-effective means of anti-snake Force projection.

Marine:
Kills snake by accident while looking for souvenirs. Local civilians demand removal of all US forces from Area of Operations.

Marine Recon:
Follows snake, gets lost.
0 Replies