Quality of life in Sydney and Melbourne

Setanta

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:46 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Barring Adelaide of course......

I didn't know you could bar Adelaide . . . why haven't you folks done the sensible thing, and barred Adelaide already?

Sheesh, what are you thinking ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:57 am
Mr Anderson

You might like to play with this site:

http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=bhp&t=res&cu=MSN

It might give you a bit more of an idea of what your available $$$$ could buy on the current market.

`
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:15 pm
Mr Anderson (nice to be Mr isn't it?). This will help you make up you mind:

This is what makes Sydney unique:
http://www.totaltravel.com/images/outandabout/mardi-gras.jpg

This is what makes Melbourne unique:
http://www.australianexplorer.com/photographs/victoria/melbourne_tram.jpg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:25 pm
Stilly

Brilliant!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:47 pm
And, in effect, quite wrong!
0 Replies

Mr Anderson

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:12 am
you guys crack me up... but for good reasons. Over here there is no city anywhere near the size or comparable in any other way to London. I think you have the better situation - atleast you can play the 'mines better than yours game' and have a laugh about it. The Gov have just released stats from the 2000 census that show we have a north South divide - all the northern cities are losing population and all the southern cities are gaining it. They're concerned everything will eventually be completely reliant on (and a suburb) of London. Sheesh! Enjoy your relatively small cities while you have them guys. One day we'll all be living in cities like in Blade runner.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 01:13 pm
I'm sorry I enquired about Adelaide now. It seems to have sparked some conflict in the otherwise tranquil life of the antipodeans.

But I'm sure they'll get over it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:29 pm
Setanta wrote:
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Barring Adelaide of course......

I didn't know you could bar Adelaide . . . why haven't you folks done the sensible thing, and barred Adelaide already?

Sheesh, what are you thinking ? ! ? ! ?

Setanta
Of course we COULD bar Adelaide, but, we find it better to have one place that is identifiably evil, and focus all the wicked, sinful and un-natural beings there. We can keep an eye on them; they're far enough away not to cause too many problems; they don't pollute the better cities with their nasty habits; and they can mix with their own kind, which we thought was nicer for them.

We're a caring, sharing sort of country Razz
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:30 am
firstly: adelaide is a hole and isn't what Mr. Anderson wanted to know

secondly:
sydney is way too overrated and is, in fact, not all that great. melbourne has got an excellent infrastructure (no stopping in the middle of a freeway), the people are a lot nicer, transport is easy and convenient with TRAMS, buses, and trains.

thirdly: melbournians and sydney-ites(where did that come from??) have despised each other since the 1850s and federation didn't change that (much)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 02:35 am
Cheery soul, this Melbournian.....
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:58 am
Yeah - Melbourne, next stop Bass Strait, THEN Tasmania. Drowning has never been so attractive...........

The ad: Cello music to black and white shots of rain and gloom. Voice-over, 'And you thought Darwin was the place to die........'.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:06 am
Who said I had to despise my fellow Australians, that's what I'd like to know? Was there some sort of national decree that was neglected in my education?

Say it aint so, Sydney! Say it aint so!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:16 am
fortune wrote:
Who said I had to despise my fellow Australians, that's what I'd like to know? Was there some sort of national decree that was neglected in my education?

Say it aint so, Sydney! Say it aint so!

Just put the gun down, you big-bosomed vixen!! I'm sure we can reach some sort of accommodation!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 05:27 am
I'm staying out of this!
0 Replies