0
   

Rhodium Allergy

 
 
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 02:26 am
I just had a custom wedding band made to match my antique engagement ring (from the 1890's). The jeweler kept my engagement ring during the process in order to take a mold and use the filigree design as inspiration for the wedding band. While they had my engagement ring, without consent, they dipped it in rhodium! It not only took away the antique charm and look I LOVED about the ring, but now my finger feels as though it in on fire and is broken out! I had my white gold engagement ring for 1 year prior to this and wore it every day with NO ISSUES. It can't be the "nickel in the white gold reacting to my skin" BC that would have happened when I was wearing it before. It HAS TO BE THE RHODIUM! Is there any way to un-plate it?? What can I do? I feel like they ruined my ring and and also now I cannot wear it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 690 • Replies: 1
No top replies

 
jespah
 
  2  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:56 am
@binardi82,
It's still possibly the nickel, as nickel is the most common metal allergy. Ask your doctor to do some testing on you, to be sure. And maybe contact another jeweler, see if a guard can be made.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Rhodium Allergy
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/26/2020 at 11:02:24