Oh, Mr. craven & co...need some feedback re: BCWipe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 10:05 am
some interesting info:

http://www.microsuck.com/content/ms-hidden-files.shtml

Any opinions on the product BCWipe, and, how important is it to shred your data files for the "average" everyday user?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 754 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 10:14 am
Thanks for asking, but computers are way off my list of specialties and knowledge. There are however many more skilled people here who can help you, I'm sure. Until I saw the forum, I thought it might be a cooking question. That I can help you with. Smile
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:08 am
I thought this question had something to do wtih toilet paper. I like the site MicoSucks.com but I am too afraid of damaging my OS to actually do the things they say. I do think it's a good idea to shred the files. Just in case Uncle Sam comes calling there will be nothing to find among my deleted files. I have heard of people being arrested and even imprisoned for the files the FBI managed to retrieve that had been deleted. Not that I have anything to hide mind you...
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:35 am
I just edited the subject line, cavfancier......I'm sooo sorry! I meant to write "craven" and it was before I had my first my coffee. I DO have cooking questions for you, cav - and I'll see you on the "Food & Drink" forum!! My humble apologies to both you and Craven for the name switch. Embarrassed

I feel the same way, Nick but if you read this website, Microsoft corp has hidden files that can read everything on your comp from deleted emails to deleted folders. I, like you, have nothing on my comp of any interest to anybody - they'd fall asleep after viewing its content, believe me. If however, I want to have privacy on my comp (the manuscript I've always wanted to write, my income tax files and other family information etc. etc.) is this a reliable and recommended route?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
That's one of the stupidest things I have seen. Ignore them.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 01:26 pm
Craven's response was my first instinct, but I know crap about computers, so I didn't want to respond.
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 03:42 pm
Thanks, Craven - appreciate your experience and respect your opinion.

cav, as you can plainly see, I know crap about comps too! Thank goodness for this forum!

jas
0 Replies