14 year old student bangs teacher, then calls the cops

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 11:50 am
joefromchicago wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:
Couldn't agree more. I would loved to have sex with my ninth grade English teacher and would never have ruined it or her by shooting off my mouth. Don't these kids learn nuthin at the academy.

<shuddering with recollections of my decidedly un-sexy ninth-grade English teacher>

No way I could ever turn in Miss Rodrigues. Laughing

And thanks for your post in the Jury Duty thread it was most enlightening if not currently applicable to me.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:21 pm
I just saw the pictures. I'm pretty sure this is not going to harm the poor defenseless child, in this case. In fact, I think Jewish people should look at this as something to maybe add to the Bar Mitzvah celebration. That religion would spread like wildfire.

(edit: changed Bat-Mitzva to Bar Mitzvah, after Jespah corrected me. Embarrassed)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:22 pm
Er, kicky, Bat Mitzvahs are for girls. You saying we should be encouraging girl on girl action? I mean, before or after the challah?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:24 pm
I'm sorry, I get all my religious information about Jewish traditions from Seinfeld. What's the one where the boy becomes a man?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:25 pm
And Challah is some kind of bread, right?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:25 pm
Bar Mitzvah (Bat = daughter, Bar = son)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:26 pm
Challah: http://www.boston.com/photo_gallery/ae/challah/01.jpg

Yeah, it's bread.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:28 pm
Oh, I was so close! I'll fix that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:32 pm
It would spread like wildfire though.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:34 pm
Hmm never thought of that oy I think my Rabbi would have a problem with it. Then again, he's about 35. He might dig it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 08:35 pm
CerealKiller wrote:
How stupid does this kid have to be to enjoy his sexual escapades with her and then turn around and make trouble for her by shooting off his big mouth.

He must have known his parents, the school, and the law would want her head on a stick. If he were an enterprising lad he could have blackmailed her, seeing he had her over the proverbial barrel.

It sounds like he was basically found out by his mom (I read the whole thing shortly after it was posted, have forgotten some details now.) But she saw him outside of the teacher's car, called him on his cell, saw him pick up and lie about where he was/ what he was doing, and then some other things made her suspicious and he eventually admitted it.

He's a kid, he lives at home, parents can figure these things out.

I didn't see (though I was reading fast) anything about him calling the cops, just that after he admitted it to his mom, he made a call to the teacher that was being listened to/ taped/ whatever by the police to get her to say something incriminating... which she did.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 09:02 am
dlowan wrote:
IronLionZion wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Should the teacher be treated thus, if the liaisons were consensual, do you think?

Yes.

Would you feel differently if it were a 14 year old girl and a male teacher?

I'd argue there is a difference.

I would like to hear you make a reasonable case, ILZ.

I think there is clearly a biological difference in that the male is likely to be the pursuer, and as such, the psychological ramifications of banging a female teacher are unlikely to be negative, as opposed to, say, a female student being molested by a male teacher.

The law, however, should make no distinction.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 09:14 am
jespah wrote:
Statutory rape, in the US, is what's called a strict liability matter. All that needs to be proven are the ages of the participants and that sexual contact occurred - so birth certificates and a swab are enough for a conviction.

This is as it should be. We consider people under 18 to be children. Like it or not, accept it or not, but being under 18 means a person is legally an infant. Their consent is null and void and means nothing whatsoever.

If coercion is involved, then the case is not only one of statutory rape but is also one of forcible rape.

Oh, and the genders of the participants are wholly irrelevant, as is whether it's heterosexual or homosexual contact, or whether a pregnancy results from the contact, etc. It's just age and evidence of sexual contact (obvious a bit more difficult if both participants are female, or if the action is brought long after a medical sample could have been taken) which matter.

You are correct. However, (1) I don't view sexual contact between an 18 year old and a 17 year old as deserving to be regarded as much of a crime, (2) the gender of the victim might well influence a jury's decisions, and (3) the young boy, while formally and properly the victim, was probably thrilled.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:12 am
Quote:

I think there is clearly a biological difference in that the male is likely to be the pursuer, and as such, the psychological ramifications of banging a female teacher are unlikely to be negative, as opposed to, say, a female student being molested by a male teacher.

The same case can be made with, say, ugly people.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 10:55 am
IronLionZion wrote:
I think there is clearly a biological difference in that the male is likely to be the pursuer,

Is that just like a kind of general preconception you have about males and females, or can you actually see any link to this actual case?

Way I read it, in this case the female was clearly the pursuer. Which neatly chimes in with my opinion that your thesis about males being somehow biologically determined to be the pursuer is a piece of pseudo-scientific baloney. ;-)
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:10 am
I think it is very unlikely that a 14 year old male is going to proposition a 23 year old married female, particularly one that is in a position of power and authority.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:24 am
nimh wrote:
IronLionZion wrote:
I think there is clearly a biological difference in that the male is likely to be the pursuer,

Is that just like a kind of general preconception you have about males and females, or can you actually see any link to this actual case?

Way I read it, in this case the female was clearly the pursuer. Which neatly chimes in with my opinion that your thesis about males being somehow biologically determined to be the pursuer is a piece of pseudo-scientific baloney. ;-)

It appears likely that the female was the pursuer in this case. However, whether it's biological or cultural, the male is usually the overt pursuer in society at large. The female may be pursuing in her own way, but in average behavior, the male is the one who pursues overtly. For instance, typically, although not always, males ask females out and females wait to be asked out. I thought this was common knowledge.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:46 am
People - when I said the "male is more likely to be the pursuer" I meant it in the biological sense, not in specific relation to this case. And, nimh, if biologically ingrained gender roles regarding sex are "pseudo-scientific baloney," your going to have a tough time explaining why we notice the same dynamic (pursuer, pursued) in pretty much every other animal on the planet.

I'll offer an anecdote, which I think solidifies my argument as indisputable: I would have banged my eighth grade teacher with glee, and likely would have trumpeted it throughout the school as a victory of sorts.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 02:46 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Quote:

The same case can be made with, say, ugly people.

heh
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 05:02 pm
IronLionZion wrote:
dlowan wrote:
IronLionZion wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Should the teacher be treated thus, if the liaisons were consensual, do you think?

Yes.

Would you feel differently if it were a 14 year old girl and a male teacher?

I'd argue there is a difference.

I would like to hear you make a reasonable case, ILZ.

Well, I am glad you say the law should make no distinction.

However, calling one "banging" - (because of what I believe is an underlying assumption that - as well as being more sexually aggressive - the male in a sexual encounter has somehow achieved something - like a "score"?) - while the other is "molesting" - (which I THINK represents some sort of assumption that the female is scored against??? - I am really interested in hearing your response to this, as it seems - as far as I can see - to underlie many assumptions about female to male sexual abuse not being as serious as male to male or male to female) seems to me to be but, as Craven would say, a logomachy.

Adolescents of BOTH sexes tend to glory in, and experiment with, their new found sexuality. Young girls tend to strut and preen and send out very sexual signals, just as boys do, in their own way.

BOTH genders ought to be able to experiment and test out their sexuality SAFELY with adults - especially with adults with a care-taking obligation to them.

I do not think that being more overtly sexually aggressive (which in this case the boy was not) protects boys from the confusion and and damaged boundaries of inappropriate sexual contact.

Yes, I know that the accepted boundaries change from culture to culture. This is OUR culture - and I would argue that many of the cultures which accept sex with (usually, as far as I know - but I am happy to be corrected) girl children as culturally ok, in fact inflict much damage on the children in question.

PS I also find myself wondering if it is harder for you fellas to see a boy as being damaged by being molested by a woman because it is .... I don't quite know how to say it... it insults your self-image, or something, to think of a male as being sexually preyed upon by a woman?

I mean, I know it is easy enough for you men to entertain the idea of, and enthusiastically condemn, a woman using her sexuality to manipulate a male - but preying upon...? Is that a blow to male self-image?

I am not trying to be horrible here - and I hardly dare say it - but I am genuinely interested.

I know from working with men who were molested as kids that, for many, (at least of the ones I have worked with), a significant part of the trauma has been about feeling that they have been made less male - that it is like being made like a woman, who are traditionally seen as the "normal" victims of sexual abuse and assault (hard for them to say to me, for obvious reasons - but there it was, lurking in the depths) - and that, for the very few - so far - I have worked with who were molested by women - it was particularly difficult for them to sort out exactly what the realities of the situation were - (unless they were extremely young at the time) whether it was abuse or not, because boys are supposed to be chasing sex, all the time - aren't they?
0 Replies