Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:18 am
There's a galactic war going on right now. We humans are caught in the middle of it. Which of these invading forces* should we fear the most if their side comes out victorious?

*NO FANTASY BASED ARMIES. NO HUMAN (homo-sapien, mutant, or zombified) BASED TROOP FORCES.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072757878
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 4,184 • Replies: 36
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:37 am
@tsarstepan,
The Daleks, super intelligent and utterly ruthless, they gave the Time Lords a run for their money.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:02 am
@tsarstepan,
I also vote for the Daleks.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:14 am
@izzythepush,
I'll add the Daleks right now. Sweet catch Izzy!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:18 am
@tsarstepan,
What about the gay ones?

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:44 am

No entries from Farscape and/or Lexx?

Lexx was kind of campy and may have been a little bit parody, but how about the Scarran Empire from Farscape?

Question: Is this limited to TV/Film, or are books allowed? I can think of some good ideas from books that have never made it onto a screen.
oralloy

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:49 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Question: Is this limited to TV/Film, or are books allowed? I can think of some good ideas from books that have never made it onto a screen.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy made it to the big screen. Where are the Volgons?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Books? You can mention them here if you like. But I can only add TV or films to the IMDb if they have an appropriate image in their respective IMDb page image gallery.

I'll look into adding the Scarran Empire to the list.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:14 pm
@oralloy,
Do the Vogons have a military? Who was the aggressive alien race in Lexx?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Vogons were just a tool, the real villains were mice.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
How should I actually word that in the text of the option? Keep in mind, I really don't believe there are any images of the mice in question in the TV or the 2005 movie.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 02:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't know, I'd probably avoid comedies.

What about Invasion Of the Bodysnatchers?

Hard to defend against the alien when he looks like your best friend.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 07:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Do the Vogons have a military?

Volgons are part of a galactic civilization which earth is ignorant of (or at least the humans are ignorant of). They are mindless bureaucrats who will do whatever they've been instructed to do (provided that all the forms were properly filled out and submitted), even if it is something that someone with even a small amount of common sense would refuse to do.

They operate galactic construction equipment that can vaporize a planet.

They vaporize earth to make way for an unneeded hyperspace bypass, and without giving the inhabitants an opportunity to escape.

----

This will give you an idea which Farscape images show a Scarran character:
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Scarran
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Who was the aggressive alien race in Lexx?

I'm not sure if Mantrid and his army of drone robot arms counts. He probably started out as something pretty close to human.

This is what he looks like when we first see him (not very much is human at this point):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Lexx_mantrid.jpg

He is not entirely sane (in my judgment at least). He transfers his mind into a machine and constructs more and more drone robot arms, increasing construction at an exponential rate until he has transformed all matter in that universe into drone robot arms that are under his control.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:28 am
How about The Mysterons? Admittedly war with them happened due to a misunderstanding, but they're very good at infiltrating and taking over by stealth.

http://www.technodelic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CaptainScarlet/TV21n144c.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
I can only use them if they have some presence (movie or television or even rarer video game) on IMDb.com.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:12 am
@tsarstepan,
It was a TV series long before it became a comic strip. Enjoy.

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 07:03 am
@izzythepush,
That's funny. And I'm amazed how many images that IMDb has in the serie's image gallery, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059973/mediaindex?ref_=ttmd_md_sm

I've added it to the list for sheer camp value. Brilliant catch Izzy! Laughing
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 09:55 am
@tsarstepan,
I loved it as a kid, but for me it was all about Captain Scarlet's indestructibility, but that didn't mean he didn't feel pain. From what I remember he got smashed each episode. I don't even think the war against the mysterons was going that well, Captain Black was never beaten, just foiled, or partially foiled.

UFO was another Gerry Anderson feature with a mysterious alien adversary whose motives were never clear. As for camp? Well you tell me.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:20 am
The Borg.

https://www.yobyot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/borg-cube.jpg
0 Replies